Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-28-2018, 10:43 PM   #121
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

But as always, like Trump, Obama could never let anything go, he is too thin-skinned, too juvenile and vindictive. So at some kind of press conference or something, Obama said (paraphrasing again) "well Matt, I saw your latest movie, and I have to say, right back at ya".

I mean come on, right? Ha ha ha ha ha. I mean, is that clever, or what?

Obama wasn't anywhere near as crass or vulgar or sophomoric as Trump. He was every bit the thin-skinned baby.

Look it up.
Old 01-29-2018, 07:05 AM   #122
Jim in CT

Atta boy, Columbo!!

Obama...always wrong, yet never in doubt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 01-29-2018, 07:52 AM   #123
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's weird how some people desperately try to inject racism into everything...do you work at ESPN?
No, but my BIL does
I just learned that Jay-Z's producer's name is "No I.D."....that's pretty funny
He has a long history of having issues w/Blacks. Goes back to when he got in trouble for discriminating against them in not renting apartments.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #124
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He has a long history of having issues w/Blacks. Goes back to when he got in trouble for discriminating against them in not renting apartments.
I saw a video of Jesse Jackson honoring and praising him at a Rainbow Coalition function....you'd think he'd know
Old 01-29-2018, 08:46 AM   #125
PaulS

He might of gotten paid off.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:06 AM   #126
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
He might of gotten paid off.
yup...the Russians paid him off
Old 01-29-2018, 11:09 AM   #127
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Jay z criticized trump, trump fired back like a baby. Very much like obama, I remember when mat Damon dared to criticize obama, obama made fun of him, and his latest movie, on national tv. Wdmso, you are deranged with hate. Take off the tin foil hat.
Your comparisons are not even close . Your examples are like saying 1st 2nd and 3rd degree burns are the same because they are burns. That’s how you rationalize Trump and Obama thin skin as the same . Whatsvmore amazing you believe it.. yet you present your Matt Damon story to fit your argument but actual events differ https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...om/amp/1796591
"I have to say, it was pretty funny," Damon said -- though he doubted Obama wrote it himself.

Last edited by wdmso; 01-29-2018 at 11:17 AM..
Old 01-29-2018, 11:21 AM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Your comparisons are not even close . Your examples are like saying 1st 2nd and 3rd degree burns are the same because they are burns. That’s how you rationalize Trump and Obama thin skin as the same . What more amazing you believe it
You keep acting as if I'm a Trump apologist like Sean Hannity. Not sure whatever gave you that impression.

Here's how I view the Obama-Damon situation.

Matt Damon is an empty-headed celebrity who confuses his fame, with knowledge of public policy. In doing so, he criticized President Obama about something he probably knows nothing about. Obama should have ignored it, but he's too much of a thin-skinned baby, so he fired back in a very un-presidential way.

Here's how I view the JayZ - Trump situation..

Matt Damon Jay Z is an empty-headed celebrity who confuses his fame, with knowledge of public policy. In doing so, he criticized President Obama Trump about something he probably knows nothing about. Obama Trump should have ignored it, but he's too much of a thin-skinned baby, so he fired back in a very un-presidential way.

Barbara Streisand hated George Bush. She hated him. Someone once asked Bush what he thought of all the insults she hurled at him, and he said something like "she's a citizen, she has that right, and I love her music".

That's what a president should do when an empty-headed celebrity spouts off. Ignore it. Obama could never ignore it (my God, did he ever stop whining about Foxnews), and Trump clearly can't ignore it.

Trump reacts in a much more infantile way than Obama did. But both were very thin-skinned babies who had zero tolerance for criticism.

Mat Damon's reaction to Obama's insult means absolutely nothing. What matters, is that one celebrity dared to criticize Obama, and he couldn't let it go. In that way, he's exactly like Trump.

WDMSO, I can refer to celebrities who like what Trump does. Does that mean Trump's behavior is acceptable to you (answer:no)? Or are you only convinced by left-leaning celebrities (answer:yes)?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 01-29-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-29-2018, 11:45 AM   #129
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Your examples are like saying 1st 2nd and 3rd degree burns are the same because they are burns. That’s how you rationalize Trump and Obama thin skin as the same .

I see what you did there...pretty slick