afterhours
08-28-2004, 09:08 PM
mums the word:)

afterhours
08-28-2004, 09:11 PM
ps, i'd love to eat my bash words.

28inches
08-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Bashing the Red Sox is like picking on Corky...so easy, it's not fun anymore. You guys see how nice an 11 game lead is/was? Yanks had a lousy couple of weeks, Sox played well, and the Yanks are still in front. In a couple of days it will be September and the Sox will fold like an accordian, as usual. I hope not, but it's inevitable.
Who knows, maybe this year will be different? If you guys go on a streak and win every World Series from now until, oh,2030 or so, you will have a dynasty comparable to the Yanks. Every journey starts with the first step.
You wanna see my Bucky Dent autograph? :rtfm:

Squid kids Dad
08-28-2004, 09:34 PM
28 "...The Sox closed the lead from 10.5 to 5.5 in one week...There are what 35 games left with 6 left with the Yankees..Who knows..I know its a long way to go...You of all people should know its so very easy to be a Yankees fan...Everybody loves a winner...Thats why we love the Pats..Do you like your the jets or the the Bills or the Giants??Probally not ..We love all our Boston teams...How many championships do the Nerw York Knicks or any other New York team has...With New York its alll about the Yankees..OK I,m done...:D
P.S.. I think you are Corky

28inches
08-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Remember what Gillies did to O'Reilly?:behead:

You wanna see my Mookie Wilson autograph?
:rtfm:

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 12:03 AM
??? Now what are you talking about...Gilles related to Stump??

28inches
08-29-2004, 08:19 AM
You don't know who Clark Gillies is, and what he did to Terry O'Reilly? And you call yourself a fan of all Boston teams??:fishslap:

You better hope BF ain't reading this thread.
:bsod:

afterhours
08-29-2004, 08:31 AM
SKD- some ny fans have class and some think class is what windows are made of, and worse are the instigating sob type.

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 08:45 AM
Afterhours..:D
28"..who is mookie???:p

BigFish
08-29-2004, 11:06 AM
You guys must not all be from around here!:confused: The Sox are doing what they do every year.....settin' you up just to drop you into the miserable abyss known as "wait till' next year land"! :D They are gonna fold like a cheap tent at any moment and on the outside chance that they do make the playoffs........just them giving you a little more line before they set the hook deep into your jaw for another long off season of misery!;)

Have a nice day!:)

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 11:30 AM
BF..Ive been around "here" longer than you have..:D ..At least the Sox use circle hooks..Dont need to set them..:eek:

28inches
08-29-2004, 11:36 AM
BF- I tried hard to tell them nicely, and look how they respond...like a couple of schoolgirls.

:crying:

SKD_ plug in your tape of Fisk's homerun and watch it a few times today...you'll feel better.:hf1:

AH- (I'll make believe this is short for afterhours) Me instigate?:angel: I got your class right here,son. By the way, do you wanna see my Aaron Boone autograph?:bshake:

BigFish
08-29-2004, 11:50 AM
SKD....I must just be a quicker study than you:D .....it did not take me as long as it is taking many of you to recognize the patern of heartbreak that the Sox have maintained over the past 80 odd years!;) I won't give in to the temptation of actually jumping on the bandwagon when the Sox actually "seem" to be on a hot streak! Remember the old saying...."It ain't how you start, but how you finish"......the Sox never finish with a roar but with an "Oh, jeez.....here we go again!"........seen it way too many times before! The memory of me standing in the Ground Round in Norwell, on the eve of birthday in 1986 (October 25th was the night, my birthday being the 26th);) there I was in front of the television cheering and clapping with my buddies as the ball rolled lifelessly up the first base line and thinking "this is it.....they are actually gonna win a World Championship if Buckner can just grab the ball and step on the first base bag".......and I quote..."the ball rolls through Buckners legs......Ray Night scores" suddenly....after what seemed like an eternity, I awoke from a trance like state of gazing at the screen as it all just slipped away......I turned around to find my buddies and through the bar window I could see them all walking across the parking lot to leave!:bc: Yup! The wound runs deep and it has yet to heal.....so I choose not to ride the train of dillusion any longer......I will be very happy when and if they ever win a Championship.....but I will never claim to have been on the bandwagon!;)

This concludes the BigFish diatribe of disappointment!:D

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 11:58 AM
28"..Read between the lines... :hs:

BF..As I have said in the past I have never left the 'Bandwagon"..I am just a fan of the Red Sox thru thick and thin..Till death do us part..Hey..I said that to my wife once and now she's my ex..Maybe there is hope for this Sox fan yet..;)

BigFish
08-29-2004, 12:13 PM
;) :D

afterhours
08-29-2004, 12:54 PM
28"- real class act:hs:

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Isn't he...:rolleyes: L

28inches
08-29-2004, 02:02 PM
:faga: There is no curse.

CSK
08-29-2004, 04:35 PM
The Yanks are doing an amazing job of pissing away a huge lead that they had over the RedSox. Regardless of where the Sox finish up, the Yankees are done. They go nowhere with the lousy,lousy pitching that they have.:D :D

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 04:43 PM
:D

28inches
08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
CSK- You are on the money regarding the Yanks pitching...but that was known going into the season which is why the Sox were favored to do something this year. Remember all the spring time hype? Now it's time for them to show they're not a typical Red Sox team. Until they actually win something, all the talk and whining and drama is just B.S.

SKD and AH- feel free to vent anytime if it helps. Rooting for a non-winner since 1918 must be difficult for you guys.:as:

CSK
08-29-2004, 05:38 PM
I don't remember me mentioning the Red Sox in my post but so be it. The way I remember the spring was people,not necessarily you 28",saying Vasquez, Brown, and Mussina were more than a match for any team, then you bring in Rivera and it's lights out.

28inches
08-29-2004, 06:09 PM
When you mentioned "regardless of where the Sox finish up", I assumed you weren't talking about the White Sox. Were you?

Anyway, others may have been yapping about Vazquez,Brown and Mussina. I didn't, because until a player comes to NY, you don't know how he'll perform here regardless of his track record elsewhere. Which is why I didn't like to see Petite go play with your pal, Clemons. Till today most Yankee fans think the Bosox still have the edge this season, but they will also choke or destroy themselves in spectacular fashion again anyway based on their history. SKD and the AH can get mad all they want, but history is history.

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 06:15 PM
28"...Dont assume what my emotions are..I'm not mad at all..I'm a big boy or as you said earlier I'm a big schoolgirl..:gf: You are always right..

CSK
08-29-2004, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 28inches
When you mentioned "regardless of where the Sox finish up", I assumed you weren't talking about the White Sox. Were you?

Anyway, others may have been yapping about Vazquez,Brown and Mussina. I didn't, because until a player comes to NY, you don't know how he'll perform here regardless of his track record elsewhere. Which is why I didn't like to see Petite go play with your pal, Clemons. Till today most Yankee fans think the Bosox still have the edge this season, but they will also choke or destroy themselves in spectacular fashion again anyway based on their history. SKD and the AH can get mad all they want, but history is history.

My mistake, I did mention the Red sox.:smash: I should read what I write.

BigFish
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Easy Sox fans....man you guys are on edge big time!:eek: You waiting for the other shoe to drop?:huh:

Squid kids Dad
08-29-2004, 08:30 PM
I love Yankees fans.....Hear about the new Rem dog t-shirt...It says Scankees Yuck...Classier than the ole saying but still gets the point across..:laughs: ..GO RED SOX:D

28inches
08-29-2004, 08:57 PM
BF- it must be that time of month...they seem mighty cranky this weekend. I agree with your analysis describing the as delusional. They are also displaying the classic signs of an inferiority complex combined with paranoia...blinded by lust for a World Series victory after all these years, they see things differently than the rest of us.:eyes:

afterhours
08-30-2004, 06:41 AM
8" shy of a yardstick- i harbor no anger towards current nor past teams or history. i don't hate the ny organization(they're throughly professional). what happens, happens. it' the ny fans that fall into the moronic catagory that i can't stand. gloating, no respect, sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, instigating whenever possible, just $#@%ing punks. GO SOX!!!

28inches
08-30-2004, 08:48 AM
A.H.- thank you..your response confirms my earlier diagnosis.
As far as not belonging here? Take a hike or deal with it. I'm stayin'.:smokin:

Surfcastinglife
08-30-2004, 09:04 AM
i dont think either team will come out of the east...the sox choke like always =[ and the yanks pitching WILL lose to oakland/anaheim whichever one comes out of the west and i think they both will make playoffs sox will miss out like always =[
this isnt to say im very excited about what the sox have done this month im just a little cautious due to the past occurences with the team but i still in the back of my mind believe they will overtake the yanks

28inches
08-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Great post, surfcastinglife. That's what I've been saying all along.

afterhours
08-30-2004, 12:32 PM
28" you a doctor? please don't leave, we love you!:angel:

28inches
08-30-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm an internet intern...Now tell surfcastinglife he is correct.:putin: