Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 PM   #1
Squid kids Dad

What

happened to all the Red Sox bashers??? They have been pretty quite...

I'm going where I'm going...
Squid kids Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

mums the word

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:11 PM   #3
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

ps, i'd love to eat my bash words.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
Old 08-28-2004, 09:16 PM   #4
28inches

Bashing the Red Sox is like picking on Corky...so easy, it's not fun anymore. You guys see how nice an 11 game lead is/was? Yanks had a lousy couple of weeks, Sox played well, and the Yanks are still in front. In a couple of days it will be September and the Sox will fold like an accordian, as usual. I hope not, but it's inevitable.
Who knows, maybe this year will be different? If you guys go on a streak and win every World Series from now until, oh,2030 or so, you will have a dynasty comparable to the Yanks. Every journey starts with the first step.
You wanna see my Bucky Dent autograph?
28inches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
Squid kids Dad

28 "...The Sox closed the lead from 10.5 to 5.5 in one week...There are what 35 games left with 6 left with the Yankees..Who knows..I know its a long way to go...You of all people should know its so very easy to be a Yankees fan...Everybody loves a winner...Thats why we love the Pats..Do you like your the jets or the the Bills or the Giants??Probally not ..We love all our Boston teams...How many championships do the Nerw York Knicks or any other New York team has...With New York its alll about the Yankees..OK I,m done...
P.S.. I think you are Corky

Old 08-28-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
28inches

Remember what Gillies did to O'Reilly?

You wanna see my Mookie Wilson autograph?
Old 08-29-2004, 12:03 AM   #7
Squid kids Dad

??? Now what are you talking about...Gilles related to Stump??

Old 08-29-2004, 08:19 AM   #8
28inches

You don't know who Clark Gillies is, and what he did to Terry O'Reilly? And you call yourself a fan of all Boston teams??

You better hope BF ain't reading this thread.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:31 AM   #9
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

SKD- some ny fans have class and some think class is what windows are made of, and worse are the instigating sob type.

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

Old 08-29-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
Squid kids Dad

Afterhours..
28"..who is mookie???

Old 08-29-2004, 11:06 AM   #11
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
You guys must not all be from around here! The Sox are doing what they do every year.....settin' you up just to drop you into the miserable abyss known as "wait till' next year land"! They are gonna fold like a cheap tent at any moment and on the outside chance that they do make the playoffs........just them giving you a little more line before they set the hook deep into your jaw for another long off season of misery!

Have a nice day!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #12
Squid kids Dad

BF..Ive been around "here" longer than you have.. ..At least the Sox use circle hooks..Dont need to set them..

Old 08-29-2004, 11:36 AM   #13
28inches

BF- I tried hard to tell them nicely, and look how they respond...like a couple of schoolgirls.

SKD_ plug in your tape of Fisk's homerun and watch it a few times today...you'll feel better.

AH- (I'll make believe this is short for afterhours) Me instigate? I got your class right here,son. By the way, do you wanna see my Aaron Boone autograph?
Old 08-29-2004, 11:50 AM   #14
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

SKD....I must just be a quicker study than you .....it did not take me as long as it is taking many of you to recognize the patern of heartbreak that the Sox have maintained over the past 80 odd years! I won't give in to the temptation of actually jumping on the bandwagon when the Sox actually "seem" to be on a hot streak! Remember the old saying...."It ain't how you start, but how you finish"......the Sox never finish with a roar but with an "Oh, jeez.....here we go again!"........seen it way too many times before! The memory of me standing in the Ground Round in Norwell, on the eve of birthday in 1986 (October 25th was the night, my birthday being the 26th) there I was in front of the television cheering and clapping with my buddies as the ball rolled lifelessly up the first base line and thinking "this is it.....they are actually gonna win a World Championship if Buckner can just grab the ball and step on the first base bag".......and I quote..."the ball rolls through Buckners legs......Ray Night scores" suddenly....after what seemed like an eternity, I awoke from a trance like state of gazing at the screen as it all just slipped away......I turned around to find my buddies and through the bar window I could see them all walking across the parking lot to leave! Yup! The wound runs deep and it has yet to heal.....so I choose not to ride the train of dillusion any longer......I will be very happy when and if they ever win a Championship.....but I will never claim to have been on the bandwagon!

This concludes the BigFish diatribe of disappointment!

Old 08-29-2004, 11:58 AM   #15
Squid kids Dad

28"..Read between the lines...

BF..As I have said in the past I have never left the 'Bandwagon"..I am just a fan of the Red Sox thru thick and thin..Till death do us part..Hey..I said that to my wife once and now she's my ex..Maybe there is hope for this Sox fan yet..

Old 08-29-2004, 12:13 PM   #16
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #17
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

28"- real class act

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

Old 08-29-2004, 01:57 PM   #18
Squid kids Dad

Isn't he... L

Old 08-29-2004, 02:02 PM   #19
28inches

There is no curse.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #20
CSK

The Yanks are doing an amazing job of pissing away a huge lead that they had over the RedSox. Regardless of where the Sox finish up, the Yankees are done. They go nowhere with the lousy,lousy pitching that they have.
CSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 04:43 PM   #21
Squid kids Dad

Thumbs up

Old 08-29-2004, 05:19 PM   #22
28inches

CSK- You are on the money regarding the Yanks pitching...but that was known going into the season which is why the Sox were favored to do something this year. Remember all the spring time hype? Now it's time for them to show they're not a typical Red Sox team. Until they actually win something, all the talk and whining and drama is just B.S.

SKD and AH- feel free to vent anytime if it helps. Rooting for a non-winner since 1918 must be difficult for you guys.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:38 PM   #23
CSK

I don't remember me mentioning the Red Sox in my post but so be it. The way I remember the spring was people,not necessarily you 28",saying Vasquez, Brown, and Mussina were more than a match for any team, then you bring in Rivera and it's lights out.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:09 PM   #24
28inches

When you mentioned "regardless of where the Sox finish up", I assumed you weren't talking about the White Sox. Were you?

Anyway, others may have been yapping about Vazquez,Brown and Mussina. I didn't, because until a player comes to NY, you don't know how he'll perform here regardless of his track record elsewhere. Which is why I didn't like to see Petite go play with your pal, Clemons. Till today most Yankee fans think the Bosox still have the edge this season, but they will also choke or destroy themselves in spectacular fashion again anyway based on their history. SKD and the AH can get mad all they want, but history is history.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:15 PM   #25
Squid kids Dad

28"...Dont assume what my emotions are..I'm not mad at all..I'm a big boy or as you said earlier I'm a big schoolgirl.. You are always right..

Old 08-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #26
CSK

Quote:
Originally posted by 28inches
When you mentioned "regardless of where the Sox finish up", I assumed you weren't talking about the White Sox. Were you?

Anyway, others may have been yapping about Vazquez,Brown and Mussina. I didn't, because until a player comes to NY, you don't know how he'll perform here regardless of his track record elsewhere. Which is why I didn't like to see Petite go play with your pal, Clemons. Till today most Yankee fans think the Bosox still have the edge this season, but they will also choke or destroy themselves in spectacular fashion again anyway based on their history. SKD and the AH can get mad all they want, but history is history.
My mistake, I did mention the Red sox. I should read what I write.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:28 PM   #27
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Easy Sox fans....man you guys are on edge big time! You waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Old 08-29-2004, 08:30 PM   #28
Squid kids Dad

I love Yankees fans.....Hear about the new Rem dog t-shirt...It says Scankees Yuck...Classier than the ole saying but still gets the point across.. ..GO RED SOX

Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #29
28inches

BF- it must be that time of month...they seem mighty cranky this weekend. I agree with your analysis describing the as delusional. They are also displaying the classic signs of an inferiority complex combined with paranoia...blinded by lust for a World Series victory after all these years, they see things differently than the rest of us.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:41 AM   #30
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

8" shy of a yardstick- i harbor no anger towards current nor past teams or history. i don't hate the ny organization(they're throughly professional). what happens, happens. it' the ny fans that fall into the moronic catagory that i can't stand. gloating, no respect, sticking their nose where it doesn't belong, instigating whenever possible, just $#@%ing punks. GO SOX!!!

www.afterhoursplugs.com

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW