View Full Version : Stupid Me

ProfessorM
08-04-2005, 08:52 PM
Man I am so glad that no one took me up on the offer to rake sandeels today. I got up early to get to a early low tide and got to Buzzard's Bay when it dawned on me that I did not put the GD gas tank in the tin boat. Man was I pissed. Drove all the way back to Lakeville and then all the way to ramp. Missed the low tide and the sandeels were not abundant either. I would have felt real bad if I had someone waiting for me and I showed up an hour and a half late. I still can't believe I did that. Stupid. P.

thefishingfreak
08-04-2005, 10:19 PM
ha! thats like rushing to get to the boat and out to sea,. fuel, oil, ice, lunch.
then when you get out to sea, you realize you left the flat of macks back in the wifes truck, 40 miles back. :wall:

zacs
08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
Or like the time I harrassed my dad for three days telling him if he was not at the boat by 5am I was leaving without him, then when he gets there I say, um dad, wait here while I go back home and get the KEY TO THE BOAT.

Karl F
08-05-2005, 11:16 AM
:hihi:
Paul, it just gets worse as time marches on, learn ta laugh, it takes the sting out. Time and Tide wait for no man, but plans change instantly... (esp. if ya forgot something...) :) :faga:

justplugit
08-08-2005, 01:49 PM
Paul,don't feel bad.:doh: One time i drove over 2 hours to fish,in late November, and forgot my waders and a change of clothes.

Figured i could run back and forth between waves to cast beyond the bar.

Ten minutes later i'm soaked with the temp hovering around 35 deg. Drive home with my pants off,heater full blast and my legs covered with a piece of seat cover from the truck.:hihi:

Only good thing was i didn't get stopped for speeding goin home. :blush: :hidin: