Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Grumpy Old Pharts Board

Grumpy Old Pharts Board Gerritol, Ex-Lax, Immodium, Bad Breath - all requirements for the Grumpy Board

Old 08-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #1
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Stupid Me

Man I am so glad that no one took me up on the offer to rake sandeels today. I got up early to get to a early low tide and got to Buzzard's Bay when it dawned on me that I did not put the GD gas tank in the tin boat. Man was I pissed. Drove all the way back to Lakeville and then all the way to ramp. Missed the low tide and the sandeels were not abundant either. I would have felt real bad if I had someone waiting for me and I showed up an hour and a half late. I still can't believe I did that. Stupid. P.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
thefishingfreak
"Fishbucket"

ha! thats like rushing to get to the boat and out to sea,. fuel, oil, ice, lunch.
then when you get out to sea, you realize you left the flat of macks back in the wifes truck, 40 miles back.

thefishingfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 AM   #3
zacs
D'oh

Or like the time I harrassed my dad for three days telling him if he was not at the boat by 5am I was leaving without him, then when he gets there I say, um dad, wait here while I go back home and get the KEY TO THE BOAT.

i bent my wookie
zacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 11:16 AM   #4
Karl F

Paul, it just gets worse as time marches on, learn ta laugh, it takes the sting out. Time and Tide wait for no man, but plans change instantly... (esp. if ya forgot something...)
Karl F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Red face

Paul,don't feel bad. One time i drove over 2 hours to fish,in late November, and forgot my waders and a change of clothes.

Figured i could run back and forth between waves to cast beyond the bar.

Ten minutes later i'm soaked with the temp hovering around 35 deg. Drive home with my pants off,heater full blast and my legs covered with a piece of seat cover from the truck.

Only good thing was i didn't get stopped for speeding goin home.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote