View Full Version : Missed a couple good fish this season

striprman
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
The rod bent way...way over but no solid hookups. I'm switching from Mustad to Gamagatsu hooks. I think I'll go this afternoon and try my luck :wall:

LuaP73
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
You wanna talk about missing a good fish!!!! I had the biggest fish of my life on about a month ago, we saw it and everything. He hit my lure like a bomb! I casted a lure out and as soon as it hit the water he grabbed it and took off. I looked down at my reel and I thought he was going to spool me so I feathered my spool to slow down his run, as soon as I did he came off :mad: . Well I thought that I lost my lure but when I got it in I saw that my lure was still there but the back end was broke off and the middle hook was bent straight :crying: . I have a 20 pounder to my credit so far and this thing was much much bigger than that. :realmad: From what we saw of it he had to be close to 50# if not bigger. I know I know just another one that got away story but the only difference is that I have 2 witnesses :) . Still that doesnt ease the pain of loosing it. :crying:

piemma
09-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Had a fish straighten a 3/0 triple X and bend the danny lip in half. Cannot cry over lost fish. We'll get them next time. :walk: