Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-19-2005, 08:40 AM   #1
striprman
Wishin' for fishin'

Missed a couple good fish this season

The rod bent way...way over but no solid hookups. I'm switching from Mustad to Gamagatsu hooks. I think I'll go this afternoon and try my luck

striprman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 01:42 PM   #2
LuaP73

Send a message via AIM to LuaP73 Send a message via Yahoo to LuaP73
You wanna talk about missing a good fish!!!! I had the biggest fish of my life on about a month ago, we saw it and everything. He hit my lure like a bomb! I casted a lure out and as soon as it hit the water he grabbed it and took off. I looked down at my reel and I thought he was going to spool me so I feathered my spool to slow down his run, as soon as I did he came off . Well I thought that I lost my lure but when I got it in I saw that my lure was still there but the back end was broke off and the middle hook was bent straight . I have a 20 pounder to my credit so far and this thing was much much bigger than that. From what we saw of it he had to be close to 50# if not bigger. I know I know just another one that got away story but the only difference is that I have 2 witnesses . Still that doesnt ease the pain of loosing it.
LuaP73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:42 PM   #3
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Had a fish straighten a 3/0 triple X and bend the danny lip in half. Cannot cry over lost fish. We'll get them next time.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is online now   Reply With Quote