View Full Version : NEW REEL!!!

East Tide
04-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Man I am so stoked. i just got an Abu 6500 CS Rocket on ebay for 82 bucks!!! I can't wait to come home!!!!!!!!

Saltheart
04-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Good buy Dave. Thats the model that Nickaway had all souped up with ceramic bearings at the show. Thing would spin for a long time. Good casting reel. These days everybody recommends changing to the smoothie drag washers. John knows something about changing the washers.

nightfighter
04-04-2002, 09:14 PM
Nice buy EastTide. I can relate to your anticipation as I am about three weeks away from one of Saltheart's custom rods!

Couldn't wait to try out new Okuma TDS reel I bought at the show though. Spooled it up with Yozuri hybrid and had a go with it during lunch today! Very smooth! And felt great to be casting a plug again, though I knew there wasn't a fish to be had. At least it will keep me from going crazy since I can't get to the West Wall tomorrow. Better to work now, fish more later.... and pay for new toys.

Saltheart, you should have mail by tomorrow. Any place I can read up on the All Star model you recommended?

Stars and Stripers forever!

Rich R
04-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Nightfighter,
I am anxiously awaiting one of those Saltheart Specials as well. He does beautiful work!

Hey, this should be my 10th post...I'm in the tourney!!!!! :D

Saltheart
04-04-2002, 09:49 PM
I got it today Nightfighter.

You can read about it at hatterasoutfitters.com. Tres has the best description of the 1265/2. They call it the "Spanish Buster" cause they like it for tossing 2 OZ metal lures at spanish mackeral. I think its a great eel rod.

East Tide
04-05-2002, 03:39 PM
Yeah Saltheart, I have heard they spin. Something about a sycronized levelwind? I thought all were but I'll have to open it up and see for myself. I ordered the paddle handle from mike t and some specton. Right now I am wrapping a Sabre 1208 ( i couldn't afford a 120 1L) that I am pretty happy about for this reel. There is a 7000 CS Pro Rocket on ebay now that is pretty sweet. They guy from sweden is really nice and has a bunch of the euro trash Abu's that are super cool like the Blue Yonder and some mags. I had almost bought the 6500 CS R two days before from east coast tackle for 140 plus shipping ! ANyways I'll have to try it on the mighty mississip and let you know how it flies...