Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 04-02-2002, 06:25 PM   #1
East Tide
Slow Droppin' Skins

NEW REEL!!!

Man I am so stoked. i just got an Abu 6500 CS Rocket on ebay for 82 bucks!!! I can't wait to come home!!!!!!!!

East Tide
East Tide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 08:10 PM   #2
Saltheart

Good buy Dave. Thats the model that Nickaway had all souped up with ceramic bearings at the show. Thing would spin for a long time. Good casting reel. These days everybody recommends changing to the smoothie drag washers. John knows something about changing the washers.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:14 PM   #3
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Nice buy EastTide. I can relate to your anticipation as I am about three weeks away from one of Saltheart's custom rods!

Couldn't wait to try out new Okuma TDS reel I bought at the show though. Spooled it up with Yozuri hybrid and had a go with it during lunch today! Very smooth! And felt great to be casting a plug again, though I knew there wasn't a fish to be had. At least it will keep me from going crazy since I can't get to the West Wall tomorrow. Better to work now, fish more later.... and pay for new toys.

Saltheart, you should have mail by tomorrow. Any place I can read up on the All Star model you recommended?

Stars and Stripers forever!
nightfighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:40 PM   #4
Rich R

Nightfighter,
I am anxiously awaiting one of those Saltheart Specials as well. He does beautiful work!

Hey, this should be my 10th post...I'm in the tourney!!!!!
Rich R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 09:49 PM   #5
Saltheart

I got it today Nightfighter.

You can read about it at hatterasoutfitters.com. Tres has the best description of the 1265/2. They call it the "Spanish Buster" cause they like it for tossing 2 OZ metal lures at spanish mackeral. I think its a great eel rod.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 03:39 PM   #6
East Tide
Slow Droppin' Skins

Yeah Saltheart, I have heard they spin. Something about a sycronized levelwind? I thought all were but I'll have to open it up and see for myself. I ordered the paddle handle from mike t and some specton. Right now I am wrapping a Sabre 1208 ( i couldn't afford a 120 1L) that I am pretty happy about for this reel. There is a 7000 CS Pro Rocket on ebay now that is pretty sweet. They guy from sweden is really nice and has a bunch of the euro trash Abu's that are super cool like the Blue Yonder and some mags. I had almost bought the 6500 CS R two days before from east coast tackle for 140 plus shipping ! ANyways I'll have to try it on the mighty mississip and let you know how it flies...

East Tide
East Tide is offline   Reply With Quote