View Full Version : Wellfleet to PTown 6/18

Moses
06-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Beautiful day on the water. Launched out of Plymouth ~345am and shot straight accross to Wood End area. Fished from northern Wellfleet up to Race Pt.

FAC conditions and the bait (sand eels) were being harrassed all day long. Although I was surprised that we didn't hook up with more bass and blues. I didn't see other boats hooking up frequently either.

As the day went on, the Race Pt area became a nightmare with the larger boats trolling wire, a total clusterF%ck. So, we searched out other areas to simply drift and catch fish.

Brought my neighbor out for a day of fishing on light tackle, we had a blast. A couple pics of fish....

Moses
06-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Another pic of the sand eels in the water column and a pic of what the bass were eating......

Moses
06-18-2006, 09:00 AM
Hooper and Stiff Tip - I have a portable radio so I don't leave it on all the time but did try calling you up a few times with no luck. How did you guys make out?

seabass
06-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Mike, I was out there Friday and could not believe the bait in the water, had good luck from the low for two hours and then it just died.great time though, I never go their on the weekends, to many boats all fishing different ways. Glad you had a good time.