Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Boat Fishing & Boating

Boat Fishing & Boating A new forum at Striped-Bass.com for those fishing from boats and for boating in general

Old 06-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
Moses

Wellfleet to PTown 6/18

Beautiful day on the water. Launched out of Plymouth ~345am and shot straight accross to Wood End area. Fished from northern Wellfleet up to Race Pt.

FAC conditions and the bait (sand eels) were being harrassed all day long. Although I was surprised that we didn't hook up with more bass and blues. I didn't see other boats hooking up frequently either.

As the day went on, the Race Pt area became a nightmare with the larger boats trolling wire, a total clusterF%ck. So, we searched out other areas to simply drift and catch fish.

Brought my neighbor out for a day of fishing on light tackle, we had a blast. A couple pics of fish....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3338b.jpg (102.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3345b.jpg (93.5 KB, 36 views)

Mike Malone
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #2
Moses

Another pic of the sand eels in the water column and a pic of what the bass were eating......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3340b.jpg (79.8 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 100_3341b.jpg (79.8 KB, 43 views)

Mike Malone
Old 06-18-2006, 09:00 AM   #3
Moses

Hooper and Stiff Tip - I have a portable radio so I don't leave it on all the time but did try calling you up a few times with no luck. How did you guys make out?

Mike Malone
Old 06-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #4
seabass
umm,the juicy sweets!!!!!

Mike, I was out there Friday and could not believe the bait in the water, had good luck from the low for two hours and then it just died.great time though, I never go their on the weekends, to many boats all fishing different ways. Glad you had a good time.

Make it idiot proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
seabass is offline   Reply With Quote