View Full Version : Monster shark tourny on now !

Raider Ronnie
10-24-2006, 07:01 PM
On ESPN now

CapeDawg
10-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it's on ESPN 2. I've been trying to watch it when I can remember it's on.

Anyone been watching the East vs West Shark Tourney on the VS network? It's on Sat nights at 10.

The last few episodes have been the east qualifying, out of New bedford.

fishsmith
10-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Whats the VS network? never heard of the east vs. west tourney, that'll be my first google today.
For me the tourney on ESPN is great, seeing the big boys fish in lousey conditions off our coast is pretty cool. It did make for more lows than highs, like the seeing the guy lose the shark after hours of fighting, you can't help but feel for that crew. And seeing motors go south on huge $$$ boats, that's as real life as it gets.
and the bunnies are a nice touch ... FISH HARD :laugha:

CapeDawg
10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Whats the VS network? never heard of the east vs. west tourney, that'll be my first google today.
For me the tourney on ESPN is great, seeing the big boys fish in lousey conditions off our coast is pretty cool. It did make for more lows than highs, like the seeing the guy lose the shark after hours of fighting, you can't help but feel for that crew. And seeing motors go south on huge $$$ boats, that's as real life as it gets.
and the bunnies are a nice touch ... FISH HARD :laugha:

The VS Network is the renamed OLN - Outdoor Life Network. They are carrying the NHL games now too.

The East vs West tourney is pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how the east fares when they go out west and fish. The teams are already smack talking hard :uhuh:

patpatriot
10-25-2006, 06:05 PM
yah ive been watching the marthas vineyard tourny and its good, but east vs. west is awsome, the west coast guys are fishing on flatwater and catching some giant makos

quick decision
10-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I saw it last night when I was flipping threw the channels.

CapeDawg
10-25-2006, 09:14 PM
yah ive been watching the marthas vineyard tourny and its good, but east vs. west is awsome, the west coast guys are fishing on flatwater and catching some giant makos

Hey Pat, did you catch the East vs West episode when that east coast team cheated with that small mako, and they still advanced? I would have thought the cameraman statements and the proof on film would have disqualified them :huh:

CapeDawg
10-26-2006, 09:30 PM
The East vs West show is on tonight on VS channel, it starts at 11. It's the final day for the east teams to battle for the final 4 spots to go out west.

Slipknot
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Hey Pat, did you catch the East vs West episode when that east coast team cheated with that small mako, and they still advanced? I would have thought the cameraman statements and the proof on film would have disqualified them :huh:

I watched it Capedawg and that was pathetic that those cheaters and liers got to move on. The guy they bumped should be there instead. How can those drunks live with themselves? no conscience I guess.:yak:

CapeDawg
10-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I watched it Capedawg and that was pathetic that those cheaters and liers got to move on. The guy they bumped should be there instead. How can those drunks live with themselves? no conscience I guess.:yak:

Yeah I hear ya Slip. I mean they had the documented proof right there, with the camera rolling and covering the entire deal.

Things that make ya go hmmmm . . . .

I guess they figured that team would make for better television in the finals :huh: