Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 10-24-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Monster shark tourny on now !

On ESPN now

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #2
CapeDawg

Yeah, it's on ESPN 2. I've been trying to watch it when I can remember it's on.

Anyone been watching the East vs West Shark Tourney on the VS network? It's on Sat nights at 10.

The last few episodes have been the east qualifying, out of New bedford.

You must always push the limits, because if you never fail you will never succeed
CapeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
fishsmith
DDG-51

Whats the VS network? never heard of the east vs. west tourney, that'll be my first google today.
For me the tourney on ESPN is great, seeing the big boys fish in lousey conditions off our coast is pretty cool. It did make for more lows than highs, like the seeing the guy lose the shark after hours of fighting, you can't help but feel for that crew. And seeing motors go south on huge $$$ boats, that's as real life as it gets.
and the bunnies are a nice touch ... FISH HARD
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
CapeDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishsmith View Post
Whats the VS network? never heard of the east vs. west tourney, that'll be my first google today.
For me the tourney on ESPN is great, seeing the big boys fish in lousey conditions off our coast is pretty cool. It did make for more lows than highs, like the seeing the guy lose the shark after hours of fighting, you can't help but feel for that crew. And seeing motors go south on huge $$$ boats, that's as real life as it gets.
and the bunnies are a nice touch ... FISH HARD

The VS Network is the renamed OLN - Outdoor Life Network. They are carrying the NHL games now too.

The East vs West tourney is pretty good. It'll be interesting to see how the east fares when they go out west and fish. The teams are already smack talking hard

You must always push the limits, because if you never fail you will never succeed
Old 10-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
patpatriot

yah ive been watching the marthas vineyard tourny and its good, but east vs. west is awsome, the west coast guys are fishing on flatwater and catching some giant makos
patpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:38 PM   #6
quick decision

I saw it last night when I was flipping threw the channels.

thats why they call it fishing not catching
quick decision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #7
CapeDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatriot View Post
yah ive been watching the marthas vineyard tourny and its good, but east vs. west is awsome, the west coast guys are fishing on flatwater and catching some giant makos

Hey Pat, did you catch the East vs West episode when that east coast team cheated with that small mako, and they still advanced? I would have thought the cameraman statements and the proof on film would have disqualified them

Old 10-26-2006, 09:30 PM   #8
CapeDawg

The East vs West show is on tonight on VS channel, it starts at 11. It's the final day for the east teams to battle for the final 4 spots to go out west.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
Slipknot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeDawg View Post
Hey Pat, did you catch the East vs West episode when that east coast team cheated with that small mako, and they still advanced? I would have thought the cameraman statements and the proof on film would have disqualified them
I watched it Capedawg and that was pathetic that those cheaters and liers got to move on. The guy they bumped should be there instead. How can those drunks live with themselves? no conscience I guess.

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #10
CapeDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I watched it Capedawg and that was pathetic that those cheaters and liers got to move on. The guy they bumped should be there instead. How can those drunks live with themselves? no conscience I guess.

Yeah I hear ya Slip. I mean they had the documented proof right there, with the camera rolling and covering the entire deal.

Things that make ya go hmmmm . . . .

I guess they figured that team would make for better television in the finals