View Full Version : chuckle....

Jenn
10-15-2002, 09:42 PM
got this little book...kinda cute actually (maybe its a woman thing I dunno :rolleyes: ) its called the fishing pocket dictionary!!!!

a few funny (but true too) of their descriptions......

BOOT: a shallow puddle worn on the foot!

KNOT: a tangle with a name

LINE: lenght of long thin strong synthetic material stretched between two fishing rods and joined at its midpoint by a pair of linked hooks

FISHING TIP: two or more pieces of contradictory angling knowledge or advice contained in a single phrase or sentence

and last but not least....

STRIPED BASS: widely favored delicious and beautiful game fish eagerly sought by commercial fisherman for profit and recreational fisherman for sport. even though the commercial fishery is thought to account for well over two thirds of the landings, surprisingly enough, seven out of every three striped bass reported caught last year were claimed by sport fisherman.

LMAO!!!

FishTales
10-16-2002, 07:28 AM
:laughs:

nor-easter
10-16-2002, 08:09 AM
All Fisherfolk are liars,

Except You and Me,

And sometimes I ain't so sure

about You!;)

MountainBreeze
10-16-2002, 08:31 AM
QUOTE:
"seven out of every three"

BWWWAAAaaa...!!! LOL!

We want more! We want more! ;)

Jenn
10-16-2002, 08:53 PM
BWWWAAAaaa...!!! LOL!

Trolling: fishing method in which a baited line or lure is trailed through the water from the stern of a moving watercraft in the forlorn hope that its motions will be so enticing to a fish that it will somehow overlook the fact that there is a large boat on the other end

...oops hubby finaaly home..... more to follow!

Jenn
10-16-2002, 09:00 PM
ok...nevermind....gone three days and hes going out again....LOVELY......:rolleyes:

ANGLER: one of two cold, wet, devious, and tempermental creatures of somewhat limited intelligence found at either end of a fishing line

FORK: the point at which an unproductive river devides into two unpromising streams

Gear: anything you really wonder why you bothered to bring, or whatever would have come in very handy if you hadn't left it at home