View Full Version : Good Laugh

MartyK
11-07-2000, 01:24 PM
It's a little quiet at work so I thought I'd share a story about what happened to me while fishing this past August. First a little background. My sumer home is in Ogunquit Maine, which is both a family tourist area as well as a place frequented by people with alternative lifestyles. In my five years as a summer resident, I have seen everyone peacefully co-exist. The business owners, most of whom are gay, are smart enough to realize that their success depends on both straight and homosexual business, so an effort is made to keep any "flamboyance" to a minimum.

On this particular day, I was fishing opposite a set of stairs which go over dunes that separate the beach fom the river. I use these stairs to go to a secluded area in which I can relieve myself when wearing waders. My usual routine is to wait for two retirees to come by after their daily beach walk and keep an eye on my fishing gear while I take my leave over the dunes. What I was unaware of is that the steps over the dunes is a publicized pickup spot for available gay men. Fortunately, my business was completed and I was heading back down the stairs (adjusting my wader straps as I walked) when much to my surprise I was face to face with a "gentleman" in a bright red thong and a beer belly. I would estimate that this guy had to be at least 60 years old and 50 pounds overweight. His comment to me was tha he thought that I might have been in need of assistance. I lost it. I started yelling at this guy something to the extent that even if I was gay, I woudn't have been interested in him. If anything, I felt my privacy was invaded (no wise comments, please).

As I walked back to my gear, the two retirees were buckled over in laughter. It turns out that this guy was walking the beach in a pair of shorts, but when he saw me heading for the dunes, he dropped his shorts, stuffed them into his backpack and made a beeline in my direction.

Needless to say, I now carefully check the area before I use the dunes, and if anything looks amiss, I take my gear and walk the extra 1/4 mile to the public restrooms.

fisherwoman
11-07-2000, 03:42 PM
MartyK, LMAO you better watch were you bend over big boy!!!!!!!!

MartyK
11-07-2000, 04:31 PM
Now you know why I wear waders no matter how hot it gets.

Slipknot
11-07-2000, 11:34 PM
Maybe fish at night, no one will see anything.

JohnR
11-08-2000, 09:12 AM
You know Marty, I was always wondering why you won't fish any place but Maine, but now I think we all know!!! ROTFLMAO!!! I'm also guessing that you have the thick, heavy, vulcanized rubber waders for extra strengh and protection, eh??

MartyK
11-08-2000, 10:11 AM
There are times I think I should be wearing two pairs of waders. You can never be too safe!! I'm surprised this hasn't been picked up by BillB. He can confirm that the deepest hole in Ogunquit Beach just so happens to be right in front of the walkway over the dunes. Good thing the water's cold.

JohnR
11-08-2000, 11:58 AM
I was out last night when I realized there was a leak in my waders. Damn sure I'll fix that before fishing with you...hehehe

Patrick
11-08-2000, 01:40 PM
Ahh the unknown member of the Village People. "The Surfcaster".

Jenn
11-09-2000, 12:28 AM
I was SO tempted to go for a wise "crack" (sorry) but then I remembered what is was like to be in Provincetown, fishing a little to far away from the hubby, when two ah...women were walking by and stopped to talk to me......well not that I have a problem with people living they way they choose....but I sure felt a little uneasy!!!!! :) Good thing there weren't any thongs involved....couldn't resist!!!!

MartyK
11-09-2000, 09:06 AM
Jenn, you actually bring up something that I have found interesting. I would say that a dozen people talk to me every day when I'm fishing on the beach, but very rarely are they gay men. Gay women, on the other hand, not only come over and talk fishing, some are out there in the surf. One particular lady shows up for a week every season. She stands in waist deep 55 degree water (no waders) and fishes for hours. She casts farther than than most of us guys. I can also remember a day when I had to make a pit stop in the dunes (it happens more frequently when you're over 40) and a gay woman who was talking to me offered to watch my gear. In the two minutes I was gone (frequency does not mean volume), she had landed a fish and was in the process of releasing it. From an aesthetic viewpoint, it's usually less pleasing. I'm 6' 3" and weigh 220. I feel anemic next to some of these ladies.

Jenn
11-09-2000, 11:15 PM
With all that "relieving" you do...no wonder you are attracting these men! FREE PEEP!!!! Just Kidding! :*