View Full Version : florocarbon to swivel or main line?

Anthony
02-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Hey guys i just bought some more 40# floro leader and was wondering weather i should use a sturgeons not and tie the leader directly to my main line or if i should use a swivel and tie the leader to the swivel and swivel to main line.

thanks
Anthony

Saltheart
02-25-2003, 09:36 PM
use a knot. what's the main line? depending on the main line , that will determine which knot.

Anthony
02-25-2003, 09:41 PM
I am running 17# Trilene big game for the main line and 40# floro leader, and one more thing how long should my leader be.

Saltheart
02-26-2003, 08:37 AM
For that combo of Flouro and mono , I think I'd use opposing uni knots. A little heavier mono or lighter leader and I'd Go with a blood knot. A little lighter mono and heavier leader I'd go with an albright.

Leader length depends on what weight you are casting. How much weight are you casting and what is it?

If I am doing general plugging and eeling , I like to start with about a 6 foot leader and let it get no shorter than 4 feet with use. If you are casting heavy jigs or ch#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g bait and a sinker , you may need to continue the leader all the way down and around the spool several turns.