View Full Version : THANK YOU

new jack
09-25-2010, 05:53 PM
First and foremost I want to THANK the two fisherman who were out there that night with us. If if was not for your heroic actions, I might not be here. I will not out them here, I do know who they are and have thanked them and when we are all ready we'll get together.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to everybody for all of their support over this past week. This has been the toughest thing I have ever experienced. Bob was a great fisherman. He was the type of guy who'd give you the last plug out of his bag. He was also stubborn, funny, witty, grumpy, giving and above all a great friend, which why I think so many people took a shine to him.

There seemed to be a lot of nights when, I'd be jigging down the canal for what seemed like hours with out much to show for it. Bob, would come down and set up shop and with in 3 drifts he'd pull and a 25# out like the thing was just sitting there waiting for him. He was such a natural when it came things like this. I'd stop fishing, give him a few choice words and sit back watch the guy go to work on fish. It was awsome.

I will miss Bob dearly for reasons like this and so many more.

thank you, again, to everybody for everything, the support has been truely amazing.
thank you
Greg McSharry

missing link
09-25-2010, 05:59 PM
You said it all
ML Sr

ProfessorM
09-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Sorry for your loss Greg. You are a hell of a friend and at sometime in the future your sorrow will be replaced with the joy of being able to have called Bob a friend. Thoughts and prayers to you and Bobs family in dealing with this. paul

BigFish
09-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Greg I am glad you are ok. We are all going to miss Bob a great deal......he had a wonderful family and so many great friends not the least of which was you......Bob was truly blessed in his life. Just take care of yourself Greg and lean on your brother fishermen......we care about you! :) Hope to see you soon Greg.

Slipknot
09-26-2010, 10:24 AM
We're all going to miss Bob
and you are right he was an exceptional person.
I am glad to have known him. He did the same to me, came down next to me a couple years ago early one morning after taking the whole summer off to rest his back and he bangs a 40 in front of me, I was in awe and congratulated him. He touched a lot of people.
Nice to see you out on the canal this AM:uhuh:
We will still be there for you anytime
we are all grateful for the other 2 shore fishermen too, and your courage.
take care

JohnR
09-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Greg, I wished I had known Bob well but I did not. I've met a lot of great people and fishers over the years, but not all (and I'm sure there's a long way to go).

Very glad you are still with us. For all of the tragedy of last week it could have been a lot worse. Thank YOU for making it through that night.

chief10
09-26-2010, 01:56 PM
Greg-I'm glad your are doing better and were rescued. Bob will be missed and knows your actions and the others were Heroic. Keep your head up and like Larry said you have alot of people around you to lean on. Take care. -Chief

basshunter
09-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Bob's passing definitely left a hole in the fishing community but his memory will live on through his friends like you. I'm glad you are doing better. Time may not truly heal all but knowing the times you shared with him should help when you think of the laughter and good times. You know everyone is here if you ever need anything