Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » StriperTalk!

StriperTalk! All things Striper

Old 09-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #1
new jack

THANK YOU

First and foremost I want to THANK the two fisherman who were out there that night with us. If if was not for your heroic actions, I might not be here. I will not out them here, I do know who they are and have thanked them and when we are all ready we'll get together.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to everybody for all of their support over this past week. This has been the toughest thing I have ever experienced. Bob was a great fisherman. He was the type of guy who'd give you the last plug out of his bag. He was also stubborn, funny, witty, grumpy, giving and above all a great friend, which why I think so many people took a shine to him.

There seemed to be a lot of nights when, I'd be jigging down the canal for what seemed like hours with out much to show for it. Bob, would come down and set up shop and with in 3 drifts he'd pull and a 25# out like the thing was just sitting there waiting for him. He was such a natural when it came things like this. I'd stop fishing, give him a few choice words and sit back watch the guy go to work on fish. It was awsome.

I will miss Bob dearly for reasons like this and so many more.

thank you, again, to everybody for everything, the support has been truely amazing.
thank you
Greg McSharry

work hard, fish hard and die happy!
new jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:59 PM   #2
missing link

You said it all
ML Sr

" Happy as a clam at high tide "
missing link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Sorry for your loss Greg. You are a hell of a friend and at sometime in the future your sorrow will be replaced with the joy of being able to have called Bob a friend. Thoughts and prayers to you and Bobs family in dealing with this. paul

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Greg I am glad you are ok. We are all going to miss Bob a great deal......he had a wonderful family and so many great friends not the least of which was you......Bob was truly blessed in his life. Just take care of yourself Greg and lean on your brother fishermen......we care about you! Hope to see you soon Greg.

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #5
Slipknot
Super Moderator

We're all going to miss Bob
and you are right he was an exceptional person.
I am glad to have known him. He did the same to me, came down next to me a couple years ago early one morning after taking the whole summer off to rest his back and he bangs a 40 in front of me, I was in awe and congratulated him. He touched a lot of people.
Nice to see you out on the canal this AM
We will still be there for you anytime
we are all grateful for the other 2 shore fishermen too, and your courage.
take care

The United States Constitution does not exist to grant you rights; those rights are inherent within you. Rather it exists to frame a limited government so that those natural rights can be exercised freely.

1984 was a warning, not a guidebook!

It's time more people spoke up with the truth. Every time we let a leftist lie go uncorrected, the commies get stronger.
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Greg, I wished I had known Bob well but I did not. I've met a lot of great people and fishers over the years, but not all (and I'm sure there's a long way to go).

Very glad you are still with us. For all of the tragedy of last week it could have been a lot worse. Thank YOU for making it through that night.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #7
chief10
Gone Dark

Greg-I'm glad your are doing better and were rescued. Bob will be missed and knows your actions and the others were Heroic. Keep your head up and like Larry said you have alot of people around you to lean on. Take care. -Chief
chief10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
basshunter
blitz seeker

Send a message via AIM to basshunter
Bob's passing definitely left a hole in the fishing community but his memory will live on through his friends like you. I'm glad you are doing better. Time may not truly heal all but knowing the times you shared with him should help when you think of the laughter and good times. You know everyone is here if you ever need anything
basshunter is offline   Reply With Quote