View Full Version : Weekend Plans

JohnR
04-26-2013, 07:06 AM
Work - what's up for the weekend?

There is a bachelor party going on for someone that I can't make.

Watch the Patriots enter the draft in round 22.

Work on gear?

So what's up for the weekend?

piemma
04-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Fish someplace. Gonna cook a steak for the first time in 3 weeks. I've been doing this NutiSystem for 3 weeks and while it works, I hate the F&^%$#*ing food.

Moses
04-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Heading out tonight with some friends (adults only).

Boat has been ready to launch for 2 weeks now and Sat I'll finally have the time. Gear is all set also so taking my boys out in Buzzards Bay to try our luck for some tog and maybe a few early stripers.

Sunday - 3 soccer games

JFigliuolo
04-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Painting my bottom....

Of the hull.

bart
04-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Nice, Mike.

Having a fire lake-side tonight with the girl and some friends then hoping to target some stripers at some point this weekend. If all else fails, I'll be taking the yak out for LM both days...

striperman36
04-26-2013, 08:31 AM
finish glassing the console so I can put the HDS 7 on.

Start the rewiring under the console

Rockfish9
04-26-2013, 08:33 AM
Painting my bottom....

Of the hull.

Right there with ya... after i finish stripping 5 years of flaking paint..

JackK
04-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Tooling around in the new whip. 80's party (go figure) Saturday night. Fishing the Deerfield on Sunday.

Might try and see if I can track down some schoolies as well, if the tides align.

Raven
04-26-2013, 08:41 AM
wifes B-day so i need to find a good lobster place
@ her request.... lol, so rich it'll knock me out :hs:
any suggestions would be welcomed.
i see allot of dishes on menu's but
very few offering lobster whole....

The Dad Fisherman
04-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Camping this Weekend, Doing a little work in the garden on Sunday when I get back

The Iceman 6
04-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Went out last night and got a few nice schoolie linesiders. Might head back tonight?

ThrowingTimber
04-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Fri - may start hunting out of the way places for squid.

Sat - Supporting the dancing arts and single moms all in one.

Sunday - recovery or putting it all on black.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Hookedagain
04-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Work tonight and fishing in the morning. Baseball @ 2 and 5:30. Hanging with friends for dinner. Sunday, fishing early and later at night with some work around the house in between.

massbassman
04-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Heading to PT to have my shoulder agonizingly stretched to its limits after surgery, Opening Day for baseball and softball for the twins Sat. am with games to follow. Take them to the lake for their newfound obsession after a couple LM bass changed their lives. Spend Sun. with the wife on the deck, with a couple of cold beverages and enjoy some rays... and probably more fishin'!!

RIJIMMY
04-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Big weekend
Heading out tonight with my son to Lake Fork, one of the best bass lakes in the country producing most of Texas' record fish. Staying at a hotel and getting up in the am and hitting the water and fishing all day. Bass are on the beds and some post spawn.
Sunday - we have tix for Wicked in Dallas. Should be cool with the kids,

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Fish someplace. Gonna cook a steak for the first time in 3 weeks. I've been doing this NutiSystem for 3 weeks and while it works, I hate the F&^%$#*ing food.

LOL. It works, the food stinks, and it's expensive. Want a treat, cook that steak outside over charcoal. Last year I got rid of my gas grill, no comparison in taste.

Coaching my baseball team of 6-8 year-olds. Looking for schoolies with my 6 year-old son and the puppy. Taking delivery of a new camping trailer. Making a few reservations for said trailer at Fishermans Memorial in Narragansett. Finishing a wood-fired, brick pizza oven in my backyard. It's not nutrisystem-compliant...lots of other yard work, spreading 7 yards of mulch, etc...

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 10:50 AM
Big weekend
Heading out tonight with my son to Lake Fork, one of the best bass lakes in the country producing most of Texas' record fish. Staying at a hotel and getting up in the am and hitting the water and fishing all day. Bass are on the beds and some post spawn.
Sunday - we have tix for Wicked in Dallas. Should be cool with the kids,

What's 'Wicked'? Sounds like something that should be up here in Mass, not down there in tobacky-land.

Let us know how you do on Lake Fork...

piemma
04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
LOL. It works, the food stinks, and it's expensive. Want a treat, cook that steak outside over charcoal. Last year I got rid of my gas grill, no comparison in taste.

Coaching my baseball team of 6-8 year-olds. Looking for schoolies with my 6 year-old son and the puppy. Taking delivery of a new camping trailer. Making a few reservations for said trailer at Fishermans Memorial in Narragansett. Finishing a wood-fired, brick pizza oven in my backyard. It's not nutrisystem-compliant...lots of other yard work, spreading 7 yards of mulch, etc...

I WILL cook it outside over a WOOD fire.

RickBomba
04-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Going out to the Bomba compound tomorrow. Maybe put the VHF in the boat and wire up my truck for the winch.

Going to try to see Mikey tomorrow, as well.

tysdad115
04-26-2013, 11:51 AM
Finish getting gear ready, baseball parade tomorrow, game Sunday.

JLH
04-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Uncover the boat on Saturday and start the prep work for the season. Maybe hit the rivers again for stripers Sunday night.

5/0
04-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Piemma lmao I'm sure that steak is gonna taste awesome.

Bart have fun we gotta hook up this year!

Ricky hope all is well with Mikey!

As for me I'm gonna wash,compound,wax and then polish the campah get it ready for the Cape.
And yeah of course have a few brews...

Back Beach
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Screw that, eat it raw like a real carnivore.

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Make it a ribeye, best steaks in my opinion...

piemma
04-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Ribeye does have the best taste.

The Dad Fisherman
04-26-2013, 12:49 PM

Make a fire, then let the flames die down to where its just super hot glowing embers...fan off the white ash with a paper plate then lay the steak right on the embers....

Slipknot
04-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Work

you guys are making me hungry my mouth watering talking about ribeye on grille

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Make a fire, then let the flames die down to where its just super hot glowing embers...fan off the white ash with a paper plate then lay the steak right on the embers....

That there is called a "cowboy steak", and man is it good.

Take the steak, rub it with extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper (or Weber or McCormick seasonings). Let it sit at room temp for 20 minutes before grilling (equates temp between inside and outside of steak, so that you can cook the middle to desired doneness without burning the outside).

Cook outside over natural lump charcoal (which is nothing but pre-burnt wood), not briquettes which have artificial fillers. And never light the wood or charcoal with lighter fluid.

My favorite non-seafood meal. Best with corn-on-the-cob, also cooked over wood or charcoal, and of course an ide cold beer. Me thinks that's what I'm having tonight...

albin35
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
The Palm in Boston is Expensinve but they have giant lobsters. They have a new location that is not opening until May 11.

Best Steak Dinner Restaurants: The Palm Menu: Private Dinners For Two, Venues (http://www.thepalm.com/Our-Menu/Dinner)

Stewie
04-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Big gatherinhg for Mrs. Stewie's birthday party Saturday, otherwise I'd be at a bye bye bachelorhood party.

I bet I wake up in better shape than those guys. :rotf2:

tattoobob
04-26-2013, 01:24 PM
I had plans my wife has different plans so my plans are nixed

BigFish
04-26-2013, 01:35 PM
Dropping hooks from the yak in some sweetwater both days!!!!:uhuh:

piemma
04-26-2013, 01:37 PM

I think it's also called a "dirty steak" but whatever it's called I'm doing it.
In defense of Nutrisystem, if you don't buy extra food and stick to exactly what they provide, it's no more expensive than going to the grocery store and buying regular food. As far as it working. I'm down 15 pounds in 3 weeks which is a lot more than they advertise but I have been off the road and cutting next years firewood so I'm burning a lot more than I'm taking in. The tough part comes next month as I will be traveling for 3 weeks and "road food" will kill the diet.

Jimbo
04-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I am home alone with my 17 year old daughter who has just texted me to ask if "we" can go fishing together tomorrow, likely freshwater, local stream. I don't know how many more opportunities like that I have left to look forward to.
And my gut instinct is telling me that on the way home tonight I should (would be a fool if I didn't) pick up a small grill, bag of charcoal and a steak.

fid
04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Fri: Fish / Squid somewhere?

Sat: Sand, fill, paint, chaperone (mourn or celebrate? :))

Sun: Recover, glass + paint - maybe

jredfly
04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Going to provide course support (energy drinks and food) for a friend that is running a 30 mile trail race tomorrow morning (5 - six mile loops).

Try to clean up the yard and do a burn Sunday, last day we can do it in our town is May 1st, so I gotta get it in.

In between going to run 10 miles on Saturday and 5 miles on Sunday. Trying to get ready for a half marathon that I signed up for on Memorial Day weekend.

Little League game tonight and Sunday and two practices Saturday.

Other than that not doing much this weekend. :jump1:

RIJIMMY
04-26-2013, 02:30 PM
What's 'Wicked'? Sounds like something that should be up here in Mass, not down there in tobacky-land.

Let us know how you do on Lake Fork...

Wicked is a play based on Wiz of Oz. Jeez Connecticut boy, get some culture.
Is there tobacco in TX? All I see is steers and queers.

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Wicked is a play based on Wiz of Oz. Jeez Connecticut boy, get some culture.
Is there tobacco in TX? All I see is steers and queers.

Good luck on the lake, give us a report.

piemma
04-26-2013, 02:56 PM
And my gut instinct is telling me that on the way home tonight I should (would be a fool if I didn't) pick up a small grill, bag of charcoal and a steak.

HYSTERICAL!!! All this charcoal fire talk got to you.

Jimbo
04-26-2013, 03:29 PM
It sure is. I'm seriously considering converting back. Charcoal is not dirty. Like many here, I bet, we grew up with "cookouts" using charcoal. Smelled great, added flavor and after you were done you could dump the coals in the fire pit and crank up the caveman TV. Back when I was a kid, grilling was something my father told me the police would do to make me tell the truth if I got arrested for lying (which apparently I did alot).

The Dad Fisherman
04-26-2013, 03:33 PM
All I see is steers and queers.

......and I don't see any horns on you boy...

tattoobob
04-26-2013, 04:20 PM
I think it's also called a "dirty steak" but whatever it's called I'm doing it.
In defense of Nutrisystem, if you don't buy extra food and stick to exactly what they provide, it's no more expensive than going to the grocery store and buying regular food. As far as it working. I'm down 15 pounds in 3 weeks which is a lot more than they advertise but I have been off the road and cutting next years firewood so I'm burning a lot more than I'm taking in. The tough part comes next month as I will be traveling for 3 weeks and "road food" will kill the diet.

You can get healthy food on the road it all has to do with choices think green leafy and white meat

Jim in CT
04-26-2013, 06:41 PM
It sure is. I'm seriously considering converting back. Charcoal is not dirty. Like many here, I bet, we grew up with "cookouts" using charcoal. Smelled great, added flavor and after you were done you could dump the coals in the fire pit and crank up the caveman TV. Back when I was a kid, grilling was something my father told me the police would do to make me tell the truth if I got arrested for lying (which apparently I did alot).

Well, I cook on my charcoal grill probably 100 times a year; used to do some BBQ competitions, no more.... I'd say it's a dirtier process than cooking with gas, meaning my hands get a lot dirtier. That's a small price to pay for the flavors. You can also buy different kinds of wood chips at places like Home Depot and Ace Hardware (mesquite, hickory, oak, apple, etc...)...throw a handful of that stuff on the fire when cooking steaks, burgers, chicken...for my $$, you can't beat a little bit of smoke flavor infused into the food. Easy to do ribs too, and you'll never want them any other way. With a Weber charcoal grill, you could easily cook ribs that are better than any of the chain restaurants like Chilis, and even better than some places that call themselves "BBQ", when all they do is boil the ribs and smother them with sauce.

Charcoal, or wood, is the way to go...

flyvice11787
04-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Working the whole weekend. Will fish also, with the moon tides. Looking for the first striper of the year.

blondterror
04-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Driving out to Greenfield (MA) early Sat to fly fish the Green river for trout and deliver a tiger maple bench to customer in Southern VT. Next weekend heading to the Adirondacks for 3 day trip for brookies and Northern Pike.

Rob Rockcrawler
04-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Catching trout on the lake and re positioning my fishfinder, i screwed up the install like no tomorrow.

nightfighter
04-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Took out the mower, put the snow blower away. Front of the house is raked, mowed, mulched, top dressed and seeded. More clean up etc. for the back and side yard to do before the cover comes off the boat... Road trip today with Mom up to Surfland where I have a reel to pick up. Clams and calamari in Essex on the way back.
Boat is strictly plug and play, I hope. Paint bottom and replace throttle/shift cables, which are stretched. Could probably just adjust again, but they are original to the boat so am going to swap out. Launch date is second week of May. I have a window to swap out in the rear of the house, and railings to install on the deck before that happens. Summer list has replacing front entry with a deck and stairs, as well as doing the kitchen over... Keeping my early fishing expectations in check for now......

RickBomba
04-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Today actually worked out well. Took the boy out for a couple long walks, smoked ribs, cedar plank salmon, sausages, corn, and peppers for green chile sauce tomorrow.

Managed to get out to Whole Foods and the park in between. Jack managed to puke all over at Whole Foods. You should have seen the yuppies part like the Red Sea in front of Moses when I was trying to find the nearest bathroom with two hands full of baby puke. It was priceless.

I am guessing my exploits as of late have been getting me a lot of good dad points, so looking forward to the season to come!

The Dad Fisherman
04-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Awesome weekend this weekend......start to finish

piemma
04-28-2013, 06:10 PM
You can get healthy food on the road it all has to do with choices think green leafy and white meat

Thanks Bob. Good point

Swimmer
04-28-2013, 06:22 PM
Today actually worked out well. Took the boy out for a couple long walks, smoked ribs, cedar plank salmon, sausages, corn, and peppers for green chile sauce tomorrow.

Managed to get out to Whole Foods and the park in between. Jack managed to puke all over at Whole Foods. You should have seen the yuppies part like the Red Sea in front of Moses when I was trying to find the nearest bathroom with two hands full of baby puke. It was priceless.

I am guessing my exploits as of late have been getting me a lot of good dad points, so looking forward to the season to come!

You must go to Bellingham Whole Foods. Used to drive there from East Bridgewater for years until the Whole Foods in Hangham opened up. I love that friekin store.

Sea Dangles
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Legacy Place Whole Foods, milf central!