View Full Version : Champagne

beamie
10-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Don't know about you guys but I am really tired of seeing all the champagne cracked when winning a playoff berth, winning a ALDS series or ALCS. Just want to see it once. WHEN YOU WIN IT ALL
!!! It is kind of like caps and gowns for kindergardeners.....gimme a break.

iamskippy
10-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Don't know about you guys but I am really tired of seeing all the champagne cracked when winning a playoff berth, winning a ALDS series or ALCS. Just want to see it once. WHEN YOU WIN IT ALL
!!! It is kind of like caps and gowns for kindergardeners.....gimme a break.

Well said, well said....... I will refrain from comment on the last line as i am in complete agreement with you. That will require a whole new thread to discuss everyone getting a damn prize for just showing up......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

The Dad Fisherman
10-09-2013, 07:12 AM
Were you there? Who Cares....let them do what they want. What did you do when the team you played for won the Division series?

They are the ones playing the games. They were a team that was picked to finish 4th in there division at the beginning of the season....at best.

Now they are 4 wins away from the World Series. They are a group of guys that have a blue collar mentality and are playing like a team, and having fun....if they want to run around the street in their underwear after they win I could care less. Just as long as they enjoy it and they are winning.

My Lord....people will bitch about anything now-a-days :wall:

They also have this invention.....its called a remote control...it changes the channel when the game is over so you don't have to watch the celebration

spence
10-09-2013, 07:13 AM
I think it's fine for winning the pennant. But agree that beating a wildcard team doesn't deserve excess celebration.

The Dad Fisherman
10-09-2013, 07:26 AM
After suffering through the past season and a half........I'm gonna enjoy every friggin cork they pop....

beamie
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM
Seems this excessiveness is in baseball. You don't see this happen after a playoff of end of season in the NFL or NHL until the end.

No problem with it when you win it all but really, lets shotgun beers for getting by the first round when we are the favorites, whatever.

Piscator
10-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Seems this excessiveness is in baseball. You don't see this happen after a playoff of end of season in the NFL or NHL until the end.

No problem with it when you win it all but really, lets shotgun beers for getting by the first round when we are the favorites, whatever.

Agree 100%........

Saltheart
10-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Pennant win...World Series win. That's enough

Jimbo
10-09-2013, 01:09 PM
I guess I was OK with the celebration, like someone else said if I wasn't I could turn it off whenever I wanted. I did think the ski goggles were a bit much and they looked sort of stupid with them on. May as well have worn raincoats and galoshes, too. Living amongst many Yankee fans, I was just happy for the series victory.