Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
beamie

Champagne

Don't know about you guys but I am really tired of seeing all the champagne cracked when winning a playoff berth, winning a ALDS series or ALCS. Just want to see it once. WHEN YOU WIN IT ALL
!!! It is kind of like caps and gowns for kindergardeners.....gimme a break.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
Don't know about you guys but I am really tired of seeing all the champagne cracked when winning a playoff berth, winning a ALDS series or ALCS. Just want to see it once. WHEN YOU WIN IT ALL
!!! It is kind of like caps and gowns for kindergardeners.....gimme a break.
Well said, well said....... I will refrain from comment on the last line as i am in complete agreement with you. That will require a whole new thread to discuss everyone getting a damn prize for just showing up......
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:12 AM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Were you there? Who Cares....let them do what they want. What did you do when the team you played for won the Division series?

They are the ones playing the games. They were a team that was picked to finish 4th in there division at the beginning of the season....at best.

Now they are 4 wins away from the World Series. They are a group of guys that have a blue collar mentality and are playing like a team, and having fun....if they want to run around the street in their underwear after they win I could care less. Just as long as they enjoy it and they are winning.

My Lord....people will bitch about anything now-a-days

They also have this invention.....its called a remote control...it changes the channel when the game is over so you don't have to watch the celebration

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
spence

I think it's fine for winning the pennant. But agree that beating a wildcard team doesn't deserve excess celebration.
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

After suffering through the past season and a half........I'm gonna enjoy every friggin cork they pop....

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
beamie

Seems this excessiveness is in baseball. You don't see this happen after a playoff of end of season in the NFL or NHL until the end.

No problem with it when you win it all but really, lets shotgun beers for getting by the first round when we are the favorites, whatever.

Jon, 24' Nauset-Green Topsides, Beamie, North River. Channel 68/69. MSBA, NIBA
beamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #7
Piscator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamie View Post
Seems this excessiveness is in baseball. You don't see this happen after a playoff of end of season in the NFL or NHL until the end.

No problem with it when you win it all but really, lets shotgun beers for getting by the first round when we are the favorites, whatever.
Agree 100%........

"I know a taxidermy man back home. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him!"
Piscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
Saltheart

Pennant win...World Series win. That's enough

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
Jimbo

I guess I was OK with the celebration, like someone else said if I wasn't I could turn it off whenever I wanted. I did think the ski goggles were a bit much and they looked sort of stupid with them on. May as well have worn raincoats and galoshes, too. Living amongst many Yankee fans, I was just happy for the series victory.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote