Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   The apprentice lives. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=92260)

scottw 05-18-2017 06:11 AM

no one used the words "I" and "me" more than his predecessor...it's documented :tooth:

isn't lying under oath a crime? I think you can get up to 5 years...or a multi million dollar book deal

JohnR 05-18-2017 07:38 AM

Yes - you have the Sloppy Narcissist, Trump following the Neat Narcissist, Obama.

I hate Trump. He is a shallow, reflexive person with a filter that alternates between good tactical and opticalrectumitis. I am starting to think his ego for running for President (job is harder than he thought) is to rub elbows with other world leaders - like the next level of his biz CEO contemporaries.

But he is filling a niche that has not been filled for sometime, a more moderate, Constitutional / Law-centric position (arguably at least where/when it does not apply to him).

Law: Borders
Customs: Lawful entry
Customs: Import fees (I'm seeing people paying more in import fees then ever before)
2A:
National Defense: resolving some budgeting wrongs (CR not only reduced money but had money restricted to wrong places)

I can't stand Trump but I am not convinced he is worse than Hillary

scottw 05-18-2017 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1122151)
Yes - you have the Sloppy Narcissist, Trump following the Neat Narcissist, Obama.

I hate Trump. He is a shallow, reflexive person with a filter that alternates between good tactical and opticalrectumitis. I am starting to think his ego for running for President (job is harder than he thought) is to rub elbows with other world leaders - like the next level of his biz CEO contemporaries.

But he is filling a niche that has not been filled for sometime, a more moderate, Constitutional / Law-centric position (arguably at least where/when it does not apply to him).

Law: Borders
Customs: Lawful entry
Customs: Import fees (I'm seeing people paying more in import fees then ever before)
2A:
National Defense: resolving some budgeting wrongs (CR not only reduced money but had money restricted to wrong places)

pretty much sums it up...

The Dad Fisherman 05-18-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

like I said before,

I'm not happy he won, But I'm happy as hell she didn't.

PaulS 05-18-2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

THat is a good way of describing them - although I would add Trump is a serial liar.

buckman 05-18-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1122157)
THat is a good way of describing them - although I would add Trump is a serial liar.

And Obama wasn't ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 05-18-2017 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1122163)
And Obama wasn't ?

I would ask you to put up a list of his lies and then I could put up a list of Trump's and we could compare the amount but I know you're going to respond with your typical response where you state you can't be bothered to back up your accusation.

JohnR 05-18-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1122163)
And Obama wasn't ?

His lying grew from ideology. Trump does not have an ideological cell in his body.

Either way DJT or HRC we were screwed. No good and evil here, just blehhck

buckman 05-18-2017 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1122166)
His lying grew from ideology. Trump does not have an ideological cell in his body.

Either way DJT or HRC we were screwed. No good and evil here, just blehhck

Not ttrue John, SCJ nominations alone are good enough for the win

JohnR 05-18-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1122176)

There is a lot reeking havoc on that balance at the moment.

Jim in CT 05-18-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1121807)
1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

we'll be told theirs nothing to see move along ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...hip-with-comey

The decision to dump him was at least partly inspired by a memo written by the Deputy Attorney General, who was appointed by a right wing nut named Obama to be a US attorney. This man wrote a memo outlining why he thought Comey should have been fired.

When Comey announced he was re-opening the Hilary email scandal, everyone to the left of center demanded he be fired. Life is a funny old dog.

That said, it was a stupid time to fire him, the optics are awful.

Jim in CT 05-18-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1122176)

Agreed, getting Scalia replaced with someone similar, is so far, worth the formidable price we pay for Trump, IMHO.

Got Stripers 05-18-2017 03:08 PM

His problem is he can't get out of his own way. He might accomplish much if he could keep his foot out of his mouth or his thumbs of the twitter keyboard long enough to focus on governing. He lives in the past and can't stand loosing even the most inconsequential battles.

buckman 05-18-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1122193)
His problem is he can't get out of his own way. He might accomplish much if he could keep his foot out of his mouth or his thumbs of the twitter keyboard long enough to focus on governing. He lives in the past and can't stand loosing even the most inconsequential battles.

I agree. His style is making me cringe

wdmso 05-18-2017 03:38 PM

He is running out out of Road on the credibility Highway ...

just look at current approval ratings Most recent weekly average 38% May 8-14, 2017

Low point, three-day average 35% Mar 26-28, 2017

The Dad Fisherman 05-18-2017 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1122194)
I agree. His style is making me cringe

Oh yeah....absolutely

The Dad Fisherman 05-18-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1122195)
He is running out out of Road on the credibility Highway ...

just look at current approval ratings Most recent weekly average 38% May 8-14, 2017

Low point, three-day average 35% Mar 26-28, 2017

So it's going up :hihi:

wdmso 05-19-2017 03:34 AM

Trump has said the decision to appoint a special counsel to oversee the inquiry into Russian influence on his election is hurting America "terribly".

He told journalists on Thursday: "I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt."

he wont stop

detbuch 05-19-2017 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1122229)

he wont stop

You and he have something in common.

PaulS 05-19-2017 08:37 AM

Yes, lets talk about something important like whiney college students.

detbuch 05-19-2017 09:55 AM

Not all people are gifted with the ability to talk about more than one subject.

scottw 05-19-2017 10:27 AM

Lester Holt referred to Roger Ailes as the "disgraced former FOX News Chief" this morning

I suspect that when Bill Clinton croaks he will likewise refer to Clinton and the "disgraced former US President and Commander-in -Chief "

:rotflmao:

detbuch 05-19-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1122258)
Lester Holt referred to Roger Ailes as the "disgraced former FOX News Chief" this morning

I suspect that when Bill Clinton croaks he will likewise refer to Clinton and the "disgraced former US President and Commander-in -Chief "

:rotflmao:

But Holt is merely whining. You have to understand that shutting down free speech and selectively throwing mud on your opposition is just whining and not worth the bother to talk about when there is far more important stuff like discussing the earth shaking gravity of possible collusion for which there is no evidence.

Slipknot 05-19-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1122229)
Trump has said the decision to appoint a special counsel to oversee the inquiry into Russian influence on his election is hurting America "terribly".

He told journalists on Thursday: "I respect the move, but the entire thing has been a witch hunt."

he wont stop

that is because it IS

PaulS 05-19-2017 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1122260)
that is because it IS

Yes, there has been no interactions w/the Russians and the Trump campaign;)

Too bad the Trump admin. could not have sent someone to Andy's shootout. Andy could have taught them to shoot straight and not shoot themselves in the foot.

buckman 05-19-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1122263)
Yes, there has been no interactions w/the Russians and the Trump campaign;)

Too bad the Trump admin. could not have sent someone to Andy's shootout. Andy could have taught them to shoot straight and not shoot themselves in the foot.

If you have proof you better leak it now . So far we have seen nothing .

PaulS 05-19-2017 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since it was a slow day politically this is what I did:blush:

wdmso 05-19-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 1122260)
that is because it IS

I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

and laid out my argument I dont see an argument laid out about how it has nothing to do with the russian but seems congress does but even that isn't enough

Not sure why the same standard of evidence is not required let the chips fall where they may . but i would guess you wouldn't accept the out come if it didn't match what you all ready think..

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr Trump told the Russian officials, the Times reported.
"I faced great pressure because of Russia. That's taken off."

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "

buckman 05-19-2017 03:51 PM

[QUOTE=wdmso;1122286]I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

Not sure why the same standard of evidence is not required let the chips fall where they may . but i would guess you wouldn't accept the out come if it didn't match what you all ready think..

"I just fired the head of the FBI. He was crazy, a real nut job," Mr Trump told the Russian officials, the Times reported.

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "[/QUOTE.

Well except that they blatantly lied on TV about it being a tape . There is that 🙄

You do know that the New York Times and Washington Post is not news right ? Rumors do not equate with evidence
You sound like one of those nut jobs that believes the "Enquirer" is true

Nebe 05-19-2017 03:55 PM

[QUOTE=buckman;1122289]
Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1122286)
I said that about Benghazi and all the hearings and investigations by the R's showed that to be the case ..

What a leader and people wonder why some are leaking " they must be trying to make America great again "[/QUOTE.

Well except that they blatantly lied on TV about it being a tape . There is that 🙄

You do know that the New York Times and Washington Post is not news right ? Rumors do not equate with evidence
You sound like one of those nut jobs that believes the "Enquirer" is true

With that logic
Neither is Fox News.