Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,881
The apprentice lives.

You want more resources to investigate the Russian connection, your fired and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:36 AM   #2
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

we'll be told theirs nothing to see move along ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...hip-with-comey
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:40 AM   #3
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
1st you fire Comey who was point on the Russian investigation who happen to just ask for more money?? The administration then says it was about Clinton emails were handled then Trump puts out a letter thanking Comey for telling him on multiple occasions He (Trump) wasn't the target of the investigation. (proper conversation?) with the recommendation of AG session (who recused himself fromRussian investigations) except here? then meets with the Russians (pre planned i am sure) but allows no American press in the room ??

we'll be told theirs nothing to see move along ...

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...hip-with-comey
yup...lots of irony...and comedy...there
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:48 AM   #4
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Long time coming . Bottom line , he wasn't very good at his job .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:58 AM   #5
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
Our President seems to be having a breakdown. Maybe we can discuss a whiney liberal college student.


President Trump on Friday warned James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director he fired this week, against leaking anything negative about the president and warned the news media that he may cancel all future White House briefings.

In a series of early-morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump even seemed to suggest that there may be secret tapes of his conversations with Mr. Comey that could be used to counter the former F.B.I. director if necessary. It was not immediately clear whether he meant that literally or simply hoped to intimidate Mr. Comey into silence.

“James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Trump appeared agitated over news reports on Friday that focused on contradictory accounts of his decision to fire Mr. Comey at the same time the F.B.I. is investigating ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:31 AM   #6
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Our President seems to be having a breakdown. Maybe we can discuss a whiney liberal college student.


President Trump on Friday warned James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director he fired this week, against leaking anything negative about the president and warned the news media that he may cancel all future White House briefings.

In a series of early-morning Twitter posts, Mr. Trump even seemed to suggest that there may be secret tapes of his conversations with Mr. Comey that could be used to counter the former F.B.I. director if necessary. It was not immediately clear whether he meant that literally or simply hoped to intimidate Mr. Comey into silence.

“James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

Mr. Trump appeared agitated over news reports on Friday that focused on contradictory accounts of his decision to fire Mr. Comey at the same time the F.B.I. is investigating ties between Mr. Trump’s associates and Russia.
A good offense is the best defense
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:46 PM   #7
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
You want more resources to investigate the Russian connection, your fired and don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I suggest you read this, it's not fake

http://100percentfedup.com/furious-f...rch-the-house/

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/ex..._medium=Social


remember Comey worked on the Clinton scandal, I think he didn't want to be a victim of Arkancide

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #8
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
That is the but but Clinton defense. The acting head said the agents all back Comey.

Doesn't seem to bother the Repub. that anyone who tells Pres. Trump anything he doesn't want to hear about possible ties to Russia gets fired.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #9
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,544
What a joke Washington DC has become.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:45 PM   #10
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I suggest you read this, it's not fake

http://100percentfedup.com/furious-f...rch-the-house/

He explained, “It’s not. People inside the bureau are furious. They are embarrassed. They feel like they are being led by a hack but more than that that they think he’s a crook. They think he’s fundamentally dishonest. They have no confidence in him. The bureau inside right now is a mess.”

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/17/ex..._medium=Social


remember Comey worked on the Clinton scandal, I think he didn't want to be a victim of Arkancide
I'll take the word of the acting FBI director in at a Hearing over the Daily caller or 100percentfedup.comActing

FBI Director: 'Not Accurate' to Say Comey Lost Support of Rank and File

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/05/1...-rank-and-file



“His support within the rank and file of the FBI is overwhelming,” said Thomas O'Connor, a working FBI special agent who is president of the FBI Agents Association.
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #11
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
What a joke Washington DC has become.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

yep pretty much

they don't want us all to have a lack of confidence in them because of their ineptness so they hide the truth from us, nothing to see here move along.

you are all going to believe whatever you want to believe, it doesn't matter who says what

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:19 AM   #12
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
Seems to be a constant Theme from the white house

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-...-boss-in-tweet
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:28 AM   #13
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
Definition of apprentice - an inexperienced person

So if the apprentice shows absolutely no aptitude for the job, what do you do?
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #14
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
His people say no then he say yes....Trump defends 'absolute right' to share 'facts' with Russia

and the show continues

dont forget about the several reason about firing Comey ..

went from hillary to doing a bad job to President Donald Trump has said he was thinking of "this Russia thing" when he decided to fire FBI Director James Comey

Remember the outrage over benghazi saying it was because a video tape ... now Trump cant or his people cant even keep a reason straight open lie and its crickets
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #15
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,881
Better go deeper cover now the the Donald might have blown yours. Diplomacy clearly isn't his strong suit and our allies are probably not sleeping well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #16
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Better go deeper cover now the the Donald might have blown yours. Diplomacy clearly isn't his strong suit and our allies are probably not sleeping well.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Now your concerned about classified information ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:47 AM   #17
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Now your concerned about classified information ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

and now your not
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:59 AM   #18
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
Comey Memo Says Trump Asked Him to End Flynn Investigation


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/u...stigation.html


More not to see i guess
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:48 AM   #19
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Trump lies about everything so whatever he told or disclosed to the Russians was probably a lie or false particularly since we know he doesn't attend intelligence briefings...I wouldn't worry about it...now on the multiple times that Obama and his administration disclosed in a similar fashion...there's probably need for concern because all of those people were brilliant and therefore the classified information was most surely accurate...they were aways right on top of things
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #20
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
releasing classified info. and all we see are snarky comments. Where is the Repub. party of old?
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #21
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
Just saw this paragraph and yet this forum is silent.

Just think about that picture of Trump laughing it up with Russia’s foreign minister in the Oval Office, a foreign minister who covered up Syria’s use of poison gas. Trump reportedly shared with him sensitive intelligence on ISIS, and Trump refused to allow any U.S. press in the room. The picture came from Russia’s official photographer. In our White House! It’s nauseating. And the G.O.P. is still largely mute. If Hillary had done that, they would have shut down the government.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #22
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #23
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Just saw this paragraph and yet this forum is silent.

Just think about that picture of Trump laughing it up with Russia’s foreign minister in the Oval Office, a foreign minister who covered up Syria’s use of poison gas. Trump reportedly shared with him sensitive intelligence on ISIS, and Trump refused to allow any U.S. press in the room. The picture came from Russia’s official photographer. In our White House! It’s nauseating. And the G.O.P. is still largely mute. If Hillary had done that, they would have shut down the government.
That is exactly what the left is doing, effectively shutting down government because the left media and liberals in Washington can't allow a president who they lost to function. The more Trump comments, the madder they get.

I can't control any of that so I go about my business
I am not sure what good it does commenting on a fishing forum
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM   #24
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
That is exactly what the left is doing, effectively shutting down government because the left media and liberals in Washington can't allow a president who they lost to function. The more Trump comments, the madder they get.
So it has nothing to do with the President's (and his staff) serial lying, firing the FBI director who was investigating the potential collusion of him and the Russians, or a host of a dozen other things? And why are there a few Repubs. who are commenting on the disfunction of this admin? So it is all just politics?
I can't control any of that so I go about my business
I am not sure what good it does commenting on a fishing forum
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
But you have commented before here so why the sudden feeling that commenting is useless? And not so much you but there were others who commented here each and EVERY day on the smallest details when Pres. Obama was President. Oddly, they haven't said a word.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:11 PM   #25
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,738
Blog Entries: 1
I am torn between the actual foolishness he does and will do, the foolishness of the left fighting the "Fascists", and the foolishness we avoided by not getting HRC.

We get what we deserve. Hope the Republic survives.

Last edited by JohnR; 05-17-2017 at 03:17 PM..

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #26
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and now your not
Not when the source is the NYT .
I'm more concerned about the swamp trying to overthrow an election
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 06:30 PM   #27
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,881
Do you think if I sent a wheel of cheese to the white house it would get to Donald, I really think he needs a good aged cheese to go with his wine?
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 08:39 PM   #28
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,104
It's not sudden
It's always been useless
I won't regurgitate Fox News' points and I won't listen to CNN , MSNBC , ABC new your times or the Post

I just hope for the best
And currently the one in the drivers seat for which way this country goes is a lot closer to my philosophy than the last driver.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #29
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,824
So far Trump has not trampled all over the Constitution the way the Progressives have done and will continue to do.

Some of us have pointed out to the Democrat voters who not only did not object to, nor vote against those in their party of choice when it was in the process of destroying our constitutional foundation, when it was in the process of replacing rule of law by rule of man or, more accurately, rule of whim and personal opinion, but actually encouraged that process, that the time would come when such rule would bite us all in the but, including those who supported the fundamental transformation of this country. You're getting a taste of that now. There might be more to come.

Trump is no more of a dictator than FDR or LBJ or even Obama. He is probably less so then they. He has pretty much followed the law. When the Court has struck down his actions, he has obeyed its verdict.

He is nominating judges who are more likely to judge in accordance to law rather than some nebulous personal notion of social justice.

He has reversed several presidential executive orders that restricted individual freedom and gave undo power to the Federal Government--returning that power back to the states and the people.

He is more actively taking the fight to ISIS. He is working against illegal immigration. He has restored some of the supposedly inviolable freedom of religion that Progressives had curtailed.

He is attempting to loosen the stranglehold with which the Progressives were choking the economy.

And so forth.

I have said that the Progressive left started its war on Trump from day one and would do all out and relentless war against him. And that includes the Progressives in the Republican Party. All that he is attempting to do is anathema to the left. Democrats have gone so far to the ridiculous left that they are losing popularity. The Progressives cannot afford to allow any "conservative" or constitutional attempts to take hold. So they are frenetically trying to pin some impeachable offense on him, hope it takes hold, and bring him down.

At this point, there is no proof of any such offense. But the piling on, the constant insinuation and innuendo is intended, if not to remove him form office, at least to weaken him to the point of being ineffective and an albatross around the neck of their opposition in the next election.

I hope he keeps nominating constitutionalist judges to the Supreme Court and its appellate Courts. And that he continues his efforts to devolve power from the Federal Government back to the states. And that he and his Congress can get the Federal Government's deep claws out of health care, the economy, and our personal pockets. A revamp of the taxing system would be great. But probably too much to ask for.

In the meantime, y'all can keep having fun with the daily revelations of possible Trump collusions
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 03:48 AM   #30
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,578
"Look at the way I have been treated lately, especially by the media," he said. "No politician in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly. You can't let them get you down, you can't let the critics and the naysayers get in the way of your dreams."

he cant go any place with out talking about himself


"At this point, there is no proof of any such offense. But the piling on, the constant insinuation and innuendo is intended, if not to remove him form office, at least to weaken him to the point of being ineffective and an albatross around the neck of their opposition in the next election. "

Since when has proof been a bar Republicans hold dear ???. so much for personal responsibility
I recall wanting to impeach a pres for a blow job Lying under oath but now??

its sad to see his supports are going along playing the victim card when.. Trump is the source of all his problems ..

you cant expect proof when you fire the guy conducting the investigation or when none have submitted results of a pending investigation
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com