Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sec.Defense Hagel warns ISIS is- (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=86600)

justplugit 08-22-2014 07:40 PM

Sec.Defense Hagel warns ISIS is-

" Beyond anything we've ever seen."

"JV" and another round of golf, or back to Washington for a National Securities
meeting? What say you?

CTSurfrat 08-22-2014 08:04 PM

It amazes me how he can disregard the extreme criticizing he has been receiving from both sides of the aisle!

iamskippy 08-22-2014 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CTSurfrat (Post 1049935)
It amazes me how he can disregard the extreme criticizing he has been receiving from both sides of the aisle!

It amazes me how hes still in office and or still alive.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Fly Rod 08-22-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1049938)
It amazes me how hes still in office .

U can not impeach him...he has the senate on his side.

why would the enemy want him out of the way?....he is doing a great job of weakening and destroying the country....he wants the military to pre world war 2 levels

the marjority of the country got what they wanted, "Change" and change he did....he held true to his promise...what a great guy....:)

iamskippy 08-23-2014 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 1049940)
U can not impeach him...he has the senate on his side.

why would the enemy want him out of the way?....he is doing a great job of weakening and destroying the country....he wants the military to pre world war 2 levels

the marjority of the country got what they wanted, "Change" and change he did....he held true to his promise...what a great guy....:)

I am assuming that was riddled with sarcasm?

jonserfish 08-23-2014 07:34 AM

nostradamus predicted we would be taken down by an insider

Fly Rod 08-23-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1049956)
I am assuming that was riddled with sarcasm?

YESSIR....:)

JohnR 08-23-2014 11:48 AM

He was voted for and succeeded twice. And like the previous administration (Bush), many comment that had things waited a little he would not have won reelection.

On a side note, I am somewhat glad Bush won his second go around rather than Kerry. Look how he is doing as SecState.

Cool Beans 08-23-2014 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1049938)
It amazes me how hes still in office and or still alive.

One huge reason is the insurance policy he selected as Vice President. Father Time has not been kind to Joe Biden's brain. Not sure he would do much worse, but he would give it a good try for sure.

:smash: *Joe Biden -n- Father Time* :smash:

justplugit 08-23-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonserfish (Post 1049960)
nostradamus predicted we would be taken down by an insider

If we go down he would not be far from the truth. We have these sleeper cells well entrenched in our country that can peck away at us whenever they want.
Some members of the cells in Europe have US passports and can move around pretty much the way they want.
Our Southern border is basically open to anyone. This is a well heeled determined group wanting to take over any country that doesn't believe the way they do. This is no joke.

I'm sure they were shaking in there boots after O gave his speech and went back on the links. ;)

jonserfish 08-24-2014 09:29 AM

isis and the mexican border is a scary scenario

Fly Rod 08-24-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonserfish (Post 1050021)
isis and the mexican border is a scary scenario

NAH!....when they come over the border and realise the welfare benefits they will throw down their weapons and forget about the 72 virgins.....:) :)

Swimmer 08-24-2014 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1049927)
" Beyond anything we've ever seen."

"JV" and another round of golf, or back to Washington for a National Securities
meeting? What say you?

Giving them a warning, is baiting the hook if I have ever seen it done before its been done now.

Raven 08-24-2014 01:12 PM

isis scum

might gain access to whats stored in Syria

basically Sadami 's treasure trove of chemical weaponry

thats the problem that boots on the ground nor explosions can cure

afterhours 08-24-2014 02:44 PM

we have to whack hard them at every opportunity before it's gets any later in the game. these sobs' are the beigest threat to humanity and it's snowballing. fork politics and bring out the big sticks. oh I wish we had competent leadership in place.

justplugit 08-24-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1050033)
we have to whack hard them at every opportunity before it's gets any later in the game. these sobs' are the beigest threat to humanity and it's snowballing.

If they were bombed at the time they were crossing the border from Syria,
it would have weakened them and given us time to destroy the armament they captured that was left behind.
This has become the problem it is because there was no strategy planned to handle the inevitable. Someone was asleep at the switch or the same old same old wait and see and hope it goes away, or both.
No Leadership here, and now we are in a bind.
Where are all the Libs on this now?

nightfighter 08-24-2014 06:15 PM

Islamic State is an Al Qaeda splinter group. The Nusra Front and ISIS were once a single organization, but the groups split over ideological and tactical differences, with ISIS going its own way and Nusra remaining loyal to Al Qaeda’s central command. One of the issues that divided them was the acceptable level of brutality. Since the split, Al Qaeda has criticized the unrestrained attacks by the Sunni militants of ISIS against Shiite Muslims, as well as their attacks on Christian villages.
In sum, the worst of the worst.......

afterhours 08-25-2014 06:28 AM

wtf? what's he smoking?...some of barrys good stuff?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...commend-syria/

Fly Rod 08-25-2014 09:19 AM

typical American strategy...wait till Americans R killed on the homeland before reaction

kill them now.

justplugit 08-25-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1050060)

Yes, let's wait until they take over more territory and cities where they can use more human shields and we need ground house to house fighting. Or maybe wait till they get their hands on existing chemical weapons, kill the 20 American hostages and shoot up our malls, shoot up our military bases, and cause havoc
in our cities or just wait for an apoptaliptic ending.

At the very least we need to bring in NATO, with Turkey, Jordan and the Kurds doing the major fighting to cut off the head of the snake now, supported with heavy air strikes, special ops and another carrier group in the area.
We have had 2 years to make a strategic plan. Last week Dempsey said we would need to bomb Syria to defeat them. Now he has down played it.
What is the plan?

Nebe 08-25-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by afterhours (Post 1050060)

Translation. THE MOMENT they take over oil fields.... KABLAM!!!!!! :fin:

justplugit 08-25-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1050083)
Translation. THE MOMENT they take over oil fields.... KABLAM!!!!!! :fin:

I've read where black market oil is a major contributor to their cause bringing in anywhere from $2-5 million dollars a day. If we had started drilling and fracking in the prohibited areas 5 years ago we would be close to energy independence and it wouldn't be an issue.
Their issue here is no different then it always was, kill people who have a different believe than they do.

Nebe 08-25-2014 06:18 PM

I'm all for wiping them off the planet..

nightfighter 08-25-2014 06:25 PM

CBS news tonight reported that they have dozens of American sympathizers who have joined their ranks.... Only a matter of time before they come back with their missions....... One could only hope that we (Congress) change the rules of engagement and allow US forces to target any combatant who has effectively renounced their American loyalties by fighting under the flag of Islam State.

afterhours 08-25-2014 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=justplugit;1050101]I've read where black market oil is a major contributor to their cause bringing in anywhere from $2-5 million dollars a day.

ummmh...maybe we should disable that capability????? duh..

justplugit 08-25-2014 08:09 PM

Yes ,and while we're at it, go back to calling it what it really is, a War on Global Terror rather than an Overseas Contingency Operation and bringing back the culprits to the US for trial.

Fly Rod 08-26-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 1050103)
CBS news tonight reported that they have dozens of American sympathizers who have joined their ranks.... Only a matter of time before they come back with their missions....... One could only hope that we (Congress) change the rules of engagement and allow US forces to target any combatant who has effectively renounced their American loyalties by fighting under the flag of Islam State.

AGREED!!!.....:)

nightfighter 08-26-2014 04:44 PM

In case you are keeping score

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/world/...led/index.html

Second American jihadi kia.... Are there dozens, hundreds? Interesting how the State Department notified the family....who had no idea????

jonserfish 08-26-2014 05:38 PM

WWIII

Raven 08-26-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justplugit (Post 1050101)
I've read where black market oil is a major contributor to their cause bringing in anywhere from $2-5 million dollars a day..

i would think it was CHINA or North Korea buying that oil