View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 10:38 AM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
next f up "I meant that Obama founded ISIS, literally" Not their policy's or actions lead to the development of issis..

Your first sentence is in quotes. Your second sentence is not in quotes. Is the second sentence your "interpretation"?

Trump was asked by host Hugh Hewitt about the comments Trump made Wednesday night in Florida, and Hewitt said he understood Trump to mean "that he (Obama) created the vacuum, he lost the peace."
Trump objected.

"No, I meant he's the founder of ISIS," Trump said. "I do. He was the most valuable player. I give him the most valuable player award. I give her, too, by the way, Hillary Clinton."

So, by the quoted expressions, Trump is saying that Obama is the founder of ISIS because he was the most valuable player. It seems that Trump has a personal "interpretation" of "founding" which includes being the most valuable player, not necessarily being the one who creates the philosophy and implements it.

From past discussions with you, I take it that you are in favor of personal interpretations when it comes to the far more serious cases of Supreme Court decisions. But when it comes to Trump in an inconsequential discussion . . . no, no, his interpretation of "founder" is a disqualification. You conveniently left out the following quote in his discussion with Hewitt, "The way he got out of Iraq, that was the founding of ISIS." Which also contradicts your interpretation of your first and incomplete quote of Trump in which you said that Trump did not mean that "their policy's or actions lead to the development of issis.." He actually did say the actions led to the development of ISIS.

Hewitt pushed back again, saying that Obama is "not sympathetic" to ISIS and "hates" and is "trying to kill them."
"I don't care," Trump said,

Yeah, I understand that. Regardless of not being sympathetic to ISIS, and is now trying to kill them, "The way he got out of Iraq, that was the founding of ISIS" even though he is not sympathetic to it.

I am amazed of the level of support here for this embarrassment and possible Face of America again fact need not apply.. at what point to you take responsibility for your Choice and stop playing the victim

You could very well be speaking of Hillary with this comment. Of course, you would not like that interpretation.

you guys are running out of Main stream media excuse.. ( shocking another conspiracy theory )

60.13% Percentage of Donald Trump claims that have been rated False or Pants on Fire.

2.53% Percentage of Donald Trump claims rated True since he started his campaign.

13.33% of claims made by Hillary Clinton rated False or Pants on Fire.

13.33% Percentage of claims made by Hillary Clinton rated True during the 2016 campaign.
These percentages by not completely objective "analysts" have a hard time deciding the full context of various quotes. Sometimes, especially when it comes to Trump, they miss important personal or contextual circumstances. As Trump asked "Don't they get sarcasm?"

Last edited by detbuch; 08-12-2016 at 11:34 AM..