View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I have a lot of issues with what is going WRT Russia (and has been for a while). Whilke I cannot believe I am going to say this, I think Hillary could deal with this better than Trump. DJT has become a low grade tool of Putin lately.
Although Presidents have the last word, they usually rely on their advisers on various issues. Trump has always consulted experts in his business dealings, rather then merely relying on his own judgment. Although he does like to take credit for what others have done for him. I strongly suspect he would do the same as President. I'd think that Hillary would do the same. Though she was more personally in charge of her affairs as SecState. There's no strong evidence that she was successful at that. Could she pull off another "successful" Russian reset?

And as a "charlatan," Trump could lull Putin into agreements with the confidence that Trump is an unserious fool. All the while, however, gaining advantage for the U.S. Sort of another way of making a deal. Sort of being dumb as a fox.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-03-2016 at 07:56 PM..