View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 12:51 PM   #47
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
So your argueing something w/o knowing the facts? Refugee, green card/visa holder are not the same. - that is the difference and it is a big difference. One of those links I provided even said something like "people are conflating refugees and green card holders". And while I believe you mentioned it bothers you, Pres. Obama did not give preference to Christians.
You keep bringing up the green card thing. That has been cleared up, and the executive order did not deny entry by green card holders. Green card holders have already been vetted and legally accepted. "Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly, who wrote, 'In applying the provisions of the president’s executive order, I hereby deem the entry of lawful permanent residents to be in the national interest.'” The administration explained that full details of the plan could not be broadcasted a week ahead of implementation because that would have given the "bad guys a week to get in. Take it or leave it, believe or don't, in either case the matter has been resolved.