Thread: Human caravan
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 11:45 AM   #138
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
He's not governing by fear alone. We still have courts and the constitution to protect us from him.

It's the resistance to Trump, that I see using fear. He's Hitler! All the women will die if Kavanaugh is on the court! Trump wants to kill everybody! Who will save us???!!

Meanwhile, very quietly, back unemployment and black poverty are at the lowest levels ever recorded. Very quietly, GDP grew by 4.3% in the 2Q and by 3.5% (I think) in 3Q. And almost all of us have a little more take-home pay. As hard as you try to deny it, that's good for you.

What are you afraid would happen, if you admitted that he has been good for the economy?
I think RFK put it well and he would likely be considered a centrist today.

Robert F. Kennedy put his finger on the inadequacy of gross domestic product in his March 1968 speech in Lawrence, Kan.: GDP “counts air pollution and cigarette advertising, and ambulances to clear our highways of carnage,” he said.

And yet, Kennedy continued, GDP “does not allow for the health of our children, the quality of their education or the joy of their play. It does not include the beauty of our poetry or the strength of our marriages, the intelligence of our public debate or the integrity of our public officials. It measures neither our wit nor our courage, neither our wisdom nor our learning, neither our compassion nor our devotion to our country, it measures everything, in short, except that which makes life worthwhile.”

As far as Trump and Trumplicans are concerned, the only things that have any value are those things that can fetch a price.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin