View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You keep repeating the talking point but avoid answering my questions.

You said that the premise for Mueller not concluding whether to bring charges of obstruction or not was because of the OLC. By that reasoning, he could also not have recommended bringing charges against Trump for conspiracy. If that were the case, what was the point of his investigation? Are you saying that he would only be allowed by the OLC to conclude that their was not sufficient evidence to make a charge, but would not be allowed to conclude that there was sufficient evidence to do so? And that his purpose was not to make a prosecutorial investigation, but to gather evidence for Congress?
That is all in the report and the order appointing the special counsel, feel free to read them. You apparently have not since you do not know the point of the investigation that resulted in the report, it's clearly called out.
I think perhaps you object to the obstruction section that results from Trump’s unfathomably stupid, impulsive, self-defeating efforts to wield executive power to control the Russia investigation. Those are certainly presidential qualities.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin