View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:11 AM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I can go out to my garage and create a functional bump stock out of wood in about 30 minutes, I agree that there is no need for them in society, but banning them won't stop someone from using them.

Unfortunately on Red Flag laws, who decides what a Red Flag is? That is the inherent problem with them. You can't really just disarm a whole household, just because somebody seeks help for depression.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
i don’t doubt you can build
one! but many people can’t do it themselves. so the ban won’t eliminate the threat, but it might reduce the threat. Of course it doesn’t address the ones that are already out there.

and of course you’re 100% correct on red flag laws, ripe for all kinds of abuse. i just don’t like the idea of doing nothing in response to burying an entire classroom of first graders. we ought to be able to respond by making SOME improvement somewhere, but i’m not claiming i know what that is.

i fully admit to having a blind spot on this issue. it’s heartbreaking. i had a golden retriever who was a certified pet therapy dog, we spent a few days in Sandy Hook after. It wasn’t the kind thing you forget.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device