View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I can’t understand why it’s so difficult for them to just provide you with the info. Here ya go, full quote. Stupid thing to say if you ask me

"one of the great tricks that I think the sexual revolution pulled on the American populace" was convincing people in "unhappy" or "even violent" marriages that getting divorced would "make people happier in the long term,"

"Maybe it worked out for the moms and dads, though I'm skeptical. But it really didn't work out for the kids of those marriages," Vance said, according to Vice. "And that's what I think all of us should be honest about, is we've run this experiment in real time. And what we have is a lot of very, very real family dysfunction that's making our kids unhappy."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Thnaks.

So, NOWHERE in there is he saying battered wives should stay in the relationship and keep getting beaten. What Vance is saying, is that the farther away we get from traditional strong families, the worse off our kids are.

He's saying kids need more love and less self-centeredness. And Pete hates that message, which tells you everything you need to know.

And I don't like JD Vance. But he's right. He's also right about it tracing back to the sexual revolution of the 1960s, and a lot of good things came from that, but also a lot of bad things.

50% divorce rates aren't good for kids.