View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #39
Cool Beans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
hes a better speaker than the last sucker to have that job...
Yes, that is true, but when Bush spoke, I feel it came more from his heartfelt beliefs (even if you think they were misguided). He made so many mistakes speaking, because he did speak a lot from his feelings without the benefit of utilizing the brain. I thought he was one of those guys, like a 1/2 educated farmer, that would do anything to provide for his family and country. I saw him speak twice at the Naval War College while on active duty and during the question and answers after his speeches, he showed me that he was very patriotic, had a deep love for this country, and would do just about anything to protect this land.

I have yet to see Obama speak besides on tv, so I havent been able to get a real feel for him. From the speeches I have seen, it seems like I'm listening to a lawyer, very well chosen words, and sometimes his words don't seem to be reflected in his eyes. Eerily, reminds me of my days as a cop, when guys would tell the suspect that they were trying to help him, by getting all of the facts or he wasn't your main target (to get more info), when all you really wanted was to get that punk behind bars. When he says something I feel that he means something slightly or completely different. Not trying to be anti Obama, but I can't seem to trust him. I feel like he as good as Clinton at telling lies.