View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
5. Abortion: the rights favorite zinger.... all liberals do not promote abortion as birth control, but it should ABSOLUTELY be a women's right to choose, period.
why shouldn't it also be a man's right to choose, at this time, in our fairness society the child(or not) is half the man's property, is it not? unless she's been to the clinic she couldn't do it without him and he should have rights too...it's not his fault that when he evolved from a monkey he wasn't given the benefit of the ability to carry a child(except maybe in England, twice...still freaks me out), you can't discriminate against him based on his gender can you?
nice try Spock still vague on the liberal thing
Holy Sh!t. The depths of hell have frozen over. scottw and I actually agree on something. I see abortion policy like this - my responsibility but not my decision? Yes, the woman does have to carry the baby for 9 months, but then the man is faced with carrying the burden of an unwanted child for 18 years (22 if they go to college, which many in this situation don't). Our society and the courts are extremely biased against the father when it comes to custody and that bias extends all the way back to conception.

It takes two people for conception, but only one has the power to decide to keep it or not.

Before this becomes an abortion debate, this argument is 100% transferable in the case of wanting to put the kid up for adoption - so let's please not start the bi-monthly abortion debate.