View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 08:27 AM   #14
Sea Dangles

I would trust the judgement of the educators and leave it at that.If my child was kicked (a little kick) and called names I wouldn't want it to happen again.It's the schools responsibility to make sure the little angel doesn't cross the line again.I also wouldn't see any humor in my child getting out of line or acting disrespectful but I guess I'm old fashioned.If it were my nephew I'd laugh,but not my child.My expectations are different I guess.If it was indeed out of character,hopefully some consequences will prevent a repeat offense.If it's treated like a joke you will reap what you sow.Kids can be mean,especially girls who get catty at a young age.
My oldest son has run into discipline problems in jr. high and that is the only reason he is being waitlisted for private high school.Now he understands the results of his actions,but it's a tough lesson.His grades are great and he takes all honors classes and he just last week entered the jr honor society.But character issues are not ignored by good schools,nor should they be.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote