View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #13
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As a devout Catholic, I don't like it. However, Gingrich's indiscretions were a long time ago, he's been happily married for many years, and he converted to Catholicism thanks to his current wife.
By all accounts, he's been a serious Catholic for many years.
I did some checking b/c I was curious, they've been married 10, he's been catholic for 2.

Quote:
I don't like that part of his past. But more than that, I don't like it when Democrats, who gave us Clinton, the Kennedys, and Robert Byrd, all of a sudden pretend that ethics matter.
And I don't like someone who is trying to dictate morality or guiding us from some ethical precipice, with questionable morals (i.e. who is having an affair, while going after Clinton for an affair...) that's one of the ways I will remember Newt from my formative years...

Quote:
I'm getting up to speed on this now. As you said, Gingrich is saying one thing, others are saying something else. I don't se how he did anything unethical though.
It remains to be seen. Do I think he did any thing illegal, No. What concerns me right now, is they (his campaign) were going to release all the FM/FM documents, and then changed their mind in a few hours... what did they find? He is saying one thing, FM/FM is claiming they hired him for 'political clout' (which in itself, Newt independent, is an issue with American Politics). You can hate Dylan Rattigan from MSNBC (and I find him annoying as hell), but his push on removing money and influence from politics is an admirable stance...

Regardless, Newt seems to have an issue of change his take on topics through time... Is he a smart guy? yes is he incredibly Politically savvy? Absolutely. Does that mean he has changed his stance a lot through the years to suit him politically... yes... I think that + personal issues = unelectable...

Quote:
Glad you took me off ignore, seriously. Those were tough, but perfectly fair, questions.
Stay away from calling all liberals names or painting with a broad brush, and it will stay that way (for now )

Quote:
Hope your holiday season is off to a good start.
you to.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"