Thread: Gay love
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post

personally, I endorse love and its not my business who people love or whether its called marriage or not. Marriage between two consenting adults, man or woman should be no concern for the govt as marriage is a legal arrangement and nothing more. If churchs want to ban it, thats their business. Govt should have no say. So I guess that makes me pro-gay marriage.
And I think this sums up why the WH did this.

This is (from my observations) the opinion of a lot of independent voters. He will force Mitt to respond, how it plays out... I do think politically it is a gamble, especially with what happened in NC yesterday.

As far as this issue goes, I have yet to hear an argument (excluding churches, which can do as they want) as to why this is such a big deal. I find the marriage of a gay or lesbian couple less deeming to the sanctity of marriage than a quickie Vegas wedding or Kim Kardashian etc... unless we start calling all non-church weddings Civil Unions

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"