View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 06:19 AM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I don't know that we have that much more in common anymore. And from where I sit, that's because the left has gone completely off the deep end, it started with Bush 43 when the Iraq War started going horribly...got worse with McCain, and now with Trump, they have come completely, and I mean completely, unglued. Trump is not helping at all, but he is only POTUS because the left never stops hitting below the belt with people they disagree with. Until they are deceased, apparently. And even then, only if their deaths can be weaponized against Trump.

you need to go read comments on breitbart if you want to see unhinged

PS I love your revisionist History lesson .... you seem to claim that the republican party hasn't moved Farther right or used elected office to stack the deck

Trump told Evangelical leaders that the vote was a "referendum" on freedom of speech and religion, and that these were threatened by "violent people". It's amazing coming from the man who attacks free speech at every turn unless it praises him

and the tried and true fear mongering

"It's not a question of like or dislike, it's a question that they will overturn everything that we've done and they will do it quickly and violently. And violently. There is violence. When you look at Antifa - these are violent people," he said.

Sad as one has anything to do with the other

Trump "Little thing: Merry Christmas, right? You couldn't say 'Merry Christmas'," he added,

OMG What a snake oil sales man we have for a POTUS .. these Evangelical leaders have sold their souls what ever keeps the pews full and the money flowing in
SO you think it's inflammatory of me to say that the left is weaponizing McCain's death, to use as a club against Trump. I agree it's a divisive thing to say. That doesn't mean it's wrong. And it's not wrong. These people despised McCain in 2008.

My post was not designed to bring people together WDMSO, it was intended to explain what has happened since the Iraq War went south.

The left doesn't handle unexpected defeat well, we know this beyond dispute. In 2006, everyone was sick of the Iraq war, and every democrat running in the midterms ran on the platform of "I am not Bush, and if you vote for me, I'll get us out of this war which cannot be won". Well, not only did they fail to get us out of the war, Bush wrangled them to support and fund the Surge, which worked. The left said the war was lost and they'd get us out. Bush instead chose the path to victory, which made them look incredibly foolish on a national scale for the first time. They lost their minds during the 2008 presidential election, kept their composure during the Obama years, and then blew a gasket when the unthinkable happened in 2016. They behave themselves only when they get exactly what they want, exactly when they want it.

When the GOP was annihilated in 2008 (and it was a complete annihilation), they formed the Tea Party. And to say that the GOP comeback was a success, would be a massive understatement.

When the Democrats were annihilated, starting in 2010 and culminating in 2016, the left responded with Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter, and Antifa. Compare the tactics of those groups, with the Tea Party. And compare the results.

The democrats have moved a zillion miles to the left starting with the cultural revolution of the 1960s. Until then, almost all Catholics were democrats. Now, I don't see how any Catholic could possibly vote democrat at the national level, as they DNC platform is openly, unashamedly hostile to Christianity. They removed th wod "god" from a recent national convention, and they never stop complaining that Christians advocate for the enslavement of women.

Hilary's deplorabes comment says it perfectly. It's difficult to have a real conversation with many liberals, on the issues. Because they don't usually respond to the merits of their beliefs, they don't try to persuade you that their beliefs are superior to your beliefs. Rather, they just claim that you hate a sympathetic group of victims.

If you're pro-life, it's not because you have empathy for the unborn (which I have never heard a liberal say, not ONCE), but you want to enslave women.

If you want secure borders, that means you are bigoted against hispanics.

If you want taxes to be no higher than they need to be, you hate poor people.

If you believe radical Islam is an issue, you are an Islamophobe.

If you believe in gay marriage (as both Obama and Hilary did until VERY recently), you are a homophobe.

That was all in Hilary's speech. It depicts where liberalism has gone, perfectly. This is how the left debates and articulates their platform...by constantly claiming, with zero evidence, that the right hates everybody. That's been their strategy since the day the surge was shown to be a complete success. And from what I can see, that strategy isn't working very well. Until this November, which could be a very good day for democrats. But they have nowhere to go but up. They hld fewer elected offices nationwide, than at any time in decades. Obama was a complete disaster for his party.

America, for the most part, likes moderate politicians. The DNC has little use for moderate Democrats. When was the last time the GOP ran a die-hard conservative in a presidential election? But the last two democrat candidates have been far to the left, and it's likely that the 2020 candidate will be even more radically liberal.

The GOP is struggling with a bit of this civil war (between moderates and extremists) too. The democrats already had that civil war, and the extremists won.