View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #148
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"You always come back to the famous “partial” travel ban, boy are you stuck on that"

It's th eone thing Trump did. It the democrats said it was an overreaction.

"it did nothing to prevent Covid coming in from Europe or from US citizens allowed back in from China with little testing or quarantine"

I'm not saying the travel restrictions helped or didn't help. I'm saying he implemented that ban early, and all the elected democrats and everyone in the media, said it was an overreaction. You had very prominent democrats - Pelosi and Diblasio - encouraging people to go to crowded public places in late February. You have Biden saying Trumps travel restrictions were "hysterical" and "xenophobic". If they get a pass, then on what basis do you attack Trump? Trump was more conservative than they were. If Trump is guilty of not doing enough (and maybe that's fair), then how can they not be more guilty? They were saying into late February, that the virus wasn't serious enough to warrant even Trumps travle restrictions. Again, you can't have it both ways. But that's what you're trying to do.

I'm very reluctant to give anyone grades on this issue, I just don't know enough. But it's absurd to give Cuomo and Pelosi and Biden a pass for what they said and did, and simultaneously say Trump should have done much more. There's no logic to that, that's pure partisan bullsh*t, and it's what every one of you is doing.
Jim since it’s the World Series opener today let’s go with a baseball analogy. It would be like watching your starting pitcher fan the first three batters he faces, then giving up three walks with grand slam in the third, back to back home runs in a five run forth, then putting three on to start the fifth and still not pulling him. Jim the manager keeps saying to the team hey remember how good he was in the first two innings we could still win with him, let’s make this team great again.