View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
scottw

I wonder what % of Rhode Islanders that the Governor of ALL of RI offended with his "pffft" reaction to this...

also...

RI Sen. Whitehouse was deeply offended by Romney's allusion to the percentage of American who might not be accepting of his message .... I think he called them(the remarks) divisive

WIKI
During the passing of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, Whitehouse cautioned that conservative opposition to the bill was moving toward historical incidences of mob violence, saying "Too many colleagues are embarked on a desperate, no-holds-barred mission of propaganda, obstruction and fear. . . . History cautions us of the excesses to which these malignant, vindictive passions can ultimately lead. Tumbrils have rolled through taunting crowds. Broken glass has sparkled in darkened streets. Strange fruit has hung from southern trees." Whitehouse said "birthers," "fanatics," and "people running around in right-wing militia and Aryan support groups "oppose America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009.

huh

just as an aside, I don't think Romney's comments were politically smart for public consumption though they were accurate generally and smart from a tactical standpoint as to the futility of trying to sway a certain percentage that will inevitably vote for O because of what he represents to them....it's reality...it would involve trying to outpander a panderer in his own ball park, better to try to win over the remaining and use the bully pulpit once successful to begin to change the vector...the brush that he usued was a bit broad, but the feigned horror coming from the left and the President who have spent the last 4 years systematically offending and insulting one segment of American society after another is just laughable...

http://www.gallup.com/poll/157481/ma...ent-doing.aspx

Last edited by scottw; 09-19-2012 at 07:33 AM..