View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 08:44 AM   #35
GattaFish
Great White Scup Hunter

Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sluggoslinger View Post

The worst part is this guy is sleeping in my bed and my wife doesn't even want to be in the room anymore after that. what a pain in the a$$.
This is your biggest problem,,,,, and the most frustrating one,,, and I really see where she is coming from,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacs View Post
i highly doubt it. when you are ready to get him out of there, you tell him nicely to leave, if he doesn't go, you call the cops, tell em he's trespassing, end of story.

What would possibly make you think the police would no longer have jurisdiction? Its his house, there is no lease, and the guy is trespassing. Even if you let him stay today, if you ask him to leave tomorrow he is trespassing.

Wait until monday and then go kick the guy out. End of story.
Careful.....Its not the end of story anymore.

Lets just hope he leaves and does not put up a stink,,,,, which I think will be the case,,,, BUT, if not

Just so you know you do not need a lease to be a tenant. Nor is there a min time frame for living as one. How long has this guy been LIVING there? couple weeks now ?

And since his dad said he could stay longer the guy now has been granted an At Will Oral Tenancy and has a right to LIVE there, in the house alone, not stay with them, until Sunday. Unfortunately this house does become this other guys shelter until Sunday. If he pushes it he could possibly make his dad follow the laws of eviction. I think all he has to do is claim it as his shelter. It would depend on the Mass Laws.

He was trespassing,,, not anymore... Now he is living in the house.

It really depends on what the guy says (claims) and how the police want to handle it,,,, if he does not leave.. If they say he has to have him evicted then they only have jurisdiction to follow the eviction, not just go in and drag the guy out because it is the right thing to do.

Unfortunately Slinger's father has a heart of gold and this guy has already taken advantage of it,,,, It is a shame,, the right thing of kicking the guy out on the street ASAP may not be the legal thing anymore.

Last edited by GattaFish; 05-02-2008 at 10:52 AM..
GattaFish is offline   Reply With Quote