View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 11:11 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Much of the calls, not from the lunatic fringe was for an investigation and hearings on the Kavanaugh situation. I felt the Garland situation was the main reason to disqualify Kavanaugh, but that is me. I 100% support an investigation into this if warranted in to the LT Gov. I would suspect most reasonable people feel the same.
The vast majority of democrats in the senate voted against Kavanaugh, If a mere allegation is enough to disqualify him, why isn't it enough to disqualify the Lt Governor of VA?

As for Garland, he should have had a hearing and then been rejected. The American people have seen fit to give the Senate to the GOP, and they didn't do so, so that Obama could shift the court a mile to the left. As Obama used to like to say, at least when it suited him, elections have consequences.

I think most mainstream democrats were saying the allegation was enough to keep Kavanaugh off the court. But today's "mainstream" democrat was considered a whacko a few years ago. TDS is driving that party a million miles to the left of Nancy Pelosi. It's the stupidest thing they could do, but it's what they're doing.