View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 02:12 PM   #11
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Do you have a chart to show that it is not significantly true overall bc every chart I have seen seems to indicate that the historically right leaning states all receive more back then they pay to the govern. There also seems to be a correlation between educational achievement also.

I was referring to the chart that JohnR posted.

As far as the states receiving more back than they pay, I consider that a good thing. If all the states did that, the federal government might be forced to cut back on its spending. And maybe the fed would then not need to tax us as much and more money would stay in the states so they wouldn't have to rely on the federal government dole.

But to the point before you tried to turn this into a political arguement,

This is the political forum. And like so much of what affects our civic life in America now, politics is a, or the, key factor. And the Pete F post to which I responded was specifically political. Your stuff about "right leaning" states getting back more than they pay is political.

it is sad people don't know more about our country. Perhaps bc many states down have civics classes anymore.
As I said in the first response to the thread "It's not an accident that citizenship is not an important subject in our Progressive educational institutions."