View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 07:49 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
so you can post Trump is an
idiot and incapable of sophisticated thought, and thats OK.

But when i respond with accurate examples of things he’s done that indicate the ability to solve an extremely complicated problem, then i am guilty of “whataboutism”.

in other words, i’m not allowed
to respond.

He won a presidential election against the most inevitable
candidate since Reagan’s second term, and he won in a rout, and he did it with the entire
media aligned against him.
Faux and Breitbart are part of the media and certainly were not aligned against him

He did something that no one said he could do, something on the national
stage. he solved a very complicated problem. it’s a very sophisticated achievement. thats what happened, whether you like it or not.
With the help of the Russians

i’m not relying on the idiotic things he says, i’m basing my conclusions on what he does.

Lowest unemployment in 50 years? if that’s not a sign of being able to tackle sophisticated problems, how come no previous presidents pulled it off? sorry, is that more whataboutism?
Zero change in the graph of Unemployment since the early Obama days
https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000
I know everything is harder for Trump

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I'm concerned about the idiotic things he does in addition to the idiotic things he says.
Because of his lack of leadership for the first time in peacetime the Debt to GDP ratio is over 100%.
His failing trade war with China actually would have caused the trade imbalance to increase in Q1'19, but was saved from that by a swine flu epidemic in China that killed the majority of their pigs, they then bought US pigs. Maybe swine flu was brought by Trump to China.
Now Trump is giving 15 BILLION to us farmers to offset their losses from the tariffs, but he will have to keep doing it. The Chinese are helping their farmers to grow the products they need in their own country and also thru their Belt and Road initiative helping farmers in other countries. This market will be gone for some time in the future and we will have to find new markets.
Sooner or later he'll say: who knew being President was so complicated?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin