View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:39 PM   #19
Sweetwater
Ruled only by the tide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
Cant a charter boat also keep the limit for the captain and any crew? That last time i did a 6 pack we kept 16 fish. Way tooo many. The Capt wasnt too keen on catch and release but that was close to 10 years ago.
Yes, the keep on a charter boat (or any boat) is based on the number of people fishing. All charter boats do is give access to fishing grounds to people who may not otherwise be able to fish.

However, the interesting point is the situation of a 2 keeper limit, 3 paying customers, and 2 crew (captain and mate) and they keep 10 fish. If the captain and mate let the paying customers keep the extra 4 fish, are they not in fact commercial fishing? I would think that once the customers walk off the dock with the extra fish it is in effect poaching since they are paying for the fish. (This would not be the case as on my boat where I might give a friend my two fish, since the friend isn't paying for the trip).

Agree?

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.
Sweetwater is offline   Reply With Quote