Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-22-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
Jim in CT

IG probe

It’s reported that the IG report claims that an FBI lawyer who worked for Strzok, altered legal documents used to apply for FISA warrants against Carter Page.

I don’t have any clue if it’s true, and if it is, i have no clue of the severity of the alteration.

but the libs here already know there’s nothing to it. There can’t be. Because it doesn’t fit The Narrative.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
It’s reported that the IG report claims that an FBI lawyer who worked for Strzok, altered legal documents used to apply for FISA warrants against Carter Page.

I don’t have any clue if it’s true, and if it is, i have no clue of the severity of the alteration.

but the libs here already know there’s nothing to it. There can’t be. Because it doesn’t fit The Narrative.
Every single IG report ever done has found errors and/or discrepancies in the process. Just fill out some federal paperwork and you'll see why. I'll wait to see what was done.
I'm not surprised to see the initial claims and confident that it will become part of the Trumplican narrative, no matter what it turns out to be. It already has, just look at Faux.

Meanwhile look at the difference between the Floridaman administration as demonstrated by Sondland compared to the other fact witnesses who are career government employees.

Sondland is the guy Floridaman picked for one of the more important ambassadorial positions. Is he the exception or the rule?

Last edited by Pete F.; 11-22-2019 at 09:43 AM..

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 09:14 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Every single IG report ever done has found errors and/or discrepancies in the process. Just fill out some federal paperwork and you'll see why. I'll wait to see what was done.
I'm not surprised to see the initial claims and confident that it will become part of the Trumplican narrative, no matter what it turns out to be. It already has, just look at Faux.

Meanwhile look at the difference between the Floridaman administration as demonstrated by Sondland compared to the other fact witnesses who are career government employees.

Sondland is the guy Floridaman picked for one of the more important ambassadorial positions. Is he the exception or the rule?
you could not have done
more to prove my point. Somehow, you already know that it wasn’t a severe, meaningful alteration of
the document.

How do you know that already?

It may turn out that you are correct, in fact i hope you’re correct, i hope
an FBI lawyer didn’t cook the books
to get the warrant he wanted.

the point is, no details are out yet, but you’ve already made
up your mind. You’re
not interested in the truth. You’re interested in pushing what fits, denying what doesn’t fit. My god, you posted a dishonest Ken Starr
quote, and when i called
you out on it, you blamed Fox news! It wasn’t an honest mistake on your part, it was Foxnews’ fault.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-22-2019, 09:46 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Apparently you did not read my post.

"I'll wait to see what was done."

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Apparently you did not read my post.

"I'll wait to see what was done."

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit
you also said the whole investigation was "deligitimate". That's not exactly indicative of someone with an open mind.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-22-2019 at 09:57 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #6
scottw

pete's a little cranky
Old 11-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
pete's a little cranky
Lot of that going around since November 2016.

In all seriousness, IF Trump gets re elected, are we going to have 4 more years of this?
Old 11-22-2019, 10:13 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you also said the whole investigation was "deligitimate". That's not exactly indicative of someone with an open mind.
where?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #9
spence

Quote:
Lot of that going around since November 2016.

In all seriousness, IF Trump gets re elected, are we going to have 4 more years of this?
So you’d rather have Trump’s brazen abuses of power go unchecked?
Old 11-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
who said unchecked? ever heard of checks and balances, separation of powers? those are all still in tact, the supreme court has ruled against his policies a few times. god knows congress has investigated him.

why would you say unchecked?

spence, in our system of government, sometimes your guy wins, sometimes the other side wins. best if you can deal with that.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:02 AM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
is the media abusing their power? What would that Sandman kid from Covington Catholic say on that subject, do you suppose?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
is the media abusing their power? What would that Sandman kid from Covington Catholic say on that subject, do you suppose?
It's all part of a plot against something, Jim

Remember "elections have consequences", that counts for the House also.

As one man said, those who tell the stories rule society and we have seen Nunes, Jordan and Ratcliffe trying desperately the past few days.

And here is what one odd fellow says:

"The Sandman is a mythical character in Western and Northern European folklore who puts people to sleep" He was chosen for this psyop because of his last name and his schools name which is coded 33 as CC Covington Catholic which represents the fallen angels.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
It's all part of a plot against something, Jim

Remember "elections have consequences", that counts for the House also.

As one man said, those who tell the stories rule society and we have seen Nunes, Jordan and Ratcliffe trying desperately the past few days.

And here is what one odd fellow says:

"The Sandman is a mythical character in Western and Northern European folklore who puts people to sleep" He was chosen for this psyop because of his last name and his schools name which is coded 33 as CC Covington Catholic which represents the fallen angels.
I didn't follow much of that. I'm talking about a 16 year old kid who did absolutely nothing wrong, who was made out to be Hitler by the entire media, because it fir The Narrative.