Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
"buying insurance is complicated"

During his horrible Obamacare apology speech, "Fredo" Obama said "what we're discovering, is that buying insurance, is complicated".

No sh*t, Sherlock.

This is exactly what you get, when you elect a guy with zero real-world experience. you get a guy who can not tell the difference between what works in the real world, and what merely sounds good in an Ivy League faculty room.

Three and a half years ago, Obama signed a law that would have serious ramifications on healthcare. It was a law that would change something that (1) has a deep impact on every single one of us, and that (2) is so vast, it represents one-sixth of the US economy.

And up until the law was implemented, Obama never bothered to find out something as basic as whether or not health insurance is simple or complicated.

Unfreakinbelievable.

Ted Cruz was a genius. Come next November, every Republican will honestly be able to say "my party tried to stop this, if you don't like this mess, take it up with the Democrats". That will be a 100% accurate statement.

In November 2014, there are twice as many Democrat senators up for re-election than Democrats. There are also 35+ governorships up for grabs. Could make 2010 look like a good year for the liberals.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #2
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,433
Ted cruise is a genius ?

I do not like green ham Sam I am. What an arse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Ted cruise is a genius ?

I do not like green ham Sam I am. What an arse
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe, it's pretty easy, in the Internet age, to hurl baseless insults.

Facts...Obama's approval ratings are in the toilet...congressional Democrats, scared to death of what's going to happen in 2014, forced Obama to back off...and most importantly (and I dare you to try and make me wrong on this) Cruz has provided the opportunity for every Republican running next year, to say "MY party tried to stop this; blame the Democrats for Obamacare".

The Dems will have no answer for this, because thanks to Cruz, there is no answer for that. None at all. Cruz has backed them into a corner from which, unless Obamacare is a success (very very unlikely) there is no conceivable escape. Cruz has put the entire Democratic party into such a defensive mode, that Bill Clinton had to go on the record bashing Obama so that his wife's chances aren't ruined in 2016. Cruz single-handedly gave the GOP an irrefutable argument that they cannot be blamed for any of the pain that Obamacare causes.

Make all the Dr Seuss references you like, they do not refute anything I'm saying.

Listen to the bell, liberals, it tolls for thee in November '14.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Ted Cruz was a genius. Come next November, every Republican will honestly be able to say "my party tried to stop this, if you don't like this mess, take it up with the Democrats". That will be a 100% accurate statement.
Yes, Obamacare is a 100% Democrat plan without a single Republican finger print on it.
The fact that they tried, and are trying to stop this debacle will bode well for them

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Yes, Obamacare is a 100% Democrat plan without a single Republican finger print on it.
The fact that they tried, and are trying to stop this debacle will bode well for them
A lot of the law has been proposed by republicans over the years. They may not have voted for it but that doesn't mean there's total opposition to the substance.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #6
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
A lot of the law has been proposed by republicans over the years. They may not have voted for it but that doesn't mean there's total opposition to the substance.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Unfortunately for you and the Democrats, the law that matters at the moment, is the Affordable Care Act. It is a disaster. The country hates that law. And only one party has its fingerprints all over it.

Liberalism went 'all in' on Obamacare. Sometimes going 'all in' pays off big. Sometimes it blows up in your face. If Obamacare gets fixed and is running well, liberals will reap the rewards next November. If it's still a wildly unpopular disaster, liberals will get creamed. As of this moment, it's not looking good, and I can only imagine how bad that makes you tremble.

Liberals got creamed in 2010 when Obamacare was just an abstract theory. Today, it's causing actual, real pain.

Good luck spinning that in such a way to suggest that both parties share the blame. That dog just ain't gonna hunt.

There are far more Democratic senator up for election in 2014 than Republicans. Furthermore, the Democrats up for re-election were the ones elected in 2008 (6 year terms). Many of these Democrats were elected in places that don't usually elect Democrats, but these folks rode Obama's coattails in 2008. In 2008, Obama was the God-sent tide that lifted them to victory. In 2014, unless things change, Obama will be the cement blocks tied around their feet as they sink to the bottom. The math and the stars seem lined up to result in a catastrophe for the Dems.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-17-2013 at 01:07 PM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
I think the Ecomonist said it best when they wrote that the bill should be passed so that it could be fixed.

When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the Ecomonist said it best when they wrote that the bill should be passed so that it could be fixed.

When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I think the Ecomonist said it best when they wrote that the bill should be passed so that it could be fixed."

And people who are guided by common sense rather than blindly following one ideology...would say that if the bill effects one-sixth of the US economy (and every single citizen), perhaps we could iron out some of the bugs before dumping the garbage into our laps. There is more and more evidence that the administration knew the cancellations were coming, and that the website was nowhere near ready.

According to Spence, it was "best" for Obama to implement this law, knowing that (1) millions of policies would be cancelled, and (2) almost none of the newly uninsured would be able to get new insurance on the website.

Spence, enlighten me. How was that approach better than (1) implementing a law that was consistent with Obama's promises that we could keep existing plans, and (2) waiting until the website wasn't such a piece of crap?

"When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt."

Uh-huh, that's exactly what's happening all right.

Spence, we can all feel your knees shaking.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Right now I'm drinking wine in first class at 38,000 feet. They're about to serve desert which is a nice chocolate cake. I'd switch to red but I'm concerned about my white shirt.

Knees are very calm.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Right now I'm drinking wine in first class at 38,000 feet. They're about to serve desert which is a nice chocolate cake. I'd switch to red but I'm concerned about my white shirt.

Knees are very calm.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"Right now I'm drinking wine in first class at 38,000 feet. "

The combination of alcohol and altitude sickness would explain your rantings.

You're grasping at straws here Spence, and every single person here knows it. You are suggesting that here and now, the GOP has more to lose on the issue of healthcare than the Democrats. You deny reality that doesn't serve your agenda. Obama offered the extension only because 29 Democratic congressmen told him that they were going to get creamed in 2014 if he didn't do something.

But you go on thinking that it's the GOP that's in trouble. I can only hope that the political operatives handling Democratic campaigns in 2014 are as inept as you at reading the tea leaves.

Oh, and since you dropped in the hint at being in first class because you also are vain enough that you need everyone to know what a big lasagna you are...congratulations.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Big lasagne. I love it

The cake was pretty good by the way.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #12
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Right now I'm drinking wine in first class at 38,000 feet. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
How much does it cost to fly, first class, to The Twilight Zone?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #13
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
How much does it cost to fly, first class, to The Twilight Zone?
Don't know, never pay for it.

Great day to fly over the southwest, really clear, great views.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #14
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Don't know, never pay for it.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
LOL Spence, you on welfare too.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
Swimmer
Retired Surfer
iTrader: (0)
 
Swimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Sunset Grill
Posts: 9,454
My brother-in-law flys first class all over the world at a moments notice. I know the flight costs almost $9,000.00 to Germany. Business pays for it, like Spence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
Fishpart
Keep The Change
iTrader: (0)
 
Fishpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Road to Serfdom
Posts: 3,232
Looking out for the shareholder I see...
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #17
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
My brother-in-law flys first class all over the world at a moments notice. I know the flight costs almost $9,000.00 to Germany. Business pays for it, like Spence.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That's baller stuff right there.

I don't pay for first class tickets, they just upgrade me because I'm so damn handsome.

And I only mentioned it because I knew Jim couldn't resist
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #18
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
That's baller stuff right there.

I don't pay for first class tickets, they just upgrade me because I'm so damn handsome.

And I only mentioned it because I knew Jim couldn't resist
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Have a safe and productive trip.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #19
Raven
........
iTrader: (0)
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 22,679
Blog Entries: 1
think i'll scrub the toilet with comet
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #20
justplugit
Registered Grandpa
iTrader: (0)
 
justplugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: east coast
Posts: 8,589
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post

I don't pay for first class tickets, they just upgrade me because I'm so damn handsome.


Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

OH, that's why, I thought you might be working for one of those big bad Capitalistic companies that offer people a good living and benefits for hard work.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Even if your premise were true (and it's not), that was still the case back in 2010. Spence, please tell me, in November 2010, did the voters 'revolt' against Republicans for their supposed opposition to covering pre-existing conditions? Or did they take Democrats out to the woodshed because they hated the notion of Obamacare?

Spence you are presumably a functioning adult who doesn't howl at the moon or foam at the mouth. Yet you routinely ignore irrefutable facts in an often desperate attempt to defend your agenda. If you have to ignore reality to defend your agenda, doesn't that indicate that you might want to re-evaluate what you believe?

You want to cover pre-existing conditions? Fine. Let's implement smart tort reform. With the money we save, we can cover some pre-existing conditions. But we cannot do that, because just as the Republicans have a tendency to be influenced by the NRA, so is your party influenced by the Trial Lawyers Lobby.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #22
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,009
Steven Wright: "I fly Surreal Airlines. You leave on a Monday and come back the previous Friday, that way you still have the weekend."

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright 2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com