Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 08:36 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
#^&#^&#^&#^&ty City Bang Bang Department

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...711-story.html

I tried referring to Chicago as "sh*tty city bang bang", which I think is pretty clever.

If the Black Lives Matter movement cared half as much about black lives as they care about hating the police, they'd be protecting the citizenry of this uninhabitable Democrat hell hole. Yet that is nowhere on their agenda.

And then there's our nut-in-chief, speaking at a funeral for slain police officers, who naturally couldn't refrain from going into his gun control shtick. Obama said that it's easier for teens to get a glock, than it is for them to get a book. I don't know what's more shocking, the impropriety of using a funeral as a platform for a left-wing policy speech, or the lunacy of what he actually said.

Go ahead and defend that statement, in that setting, Spence.

As for Chicago...that's a superbly organized community, I have to say.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
ecduzitgood
time to go
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...711-story.html

I tried referring to Chicago as "sh*tty city bang bang", which I think is pretty clever.

If the Black Lives Matter movement cared half as much about black lives as they care about hating the police, they'd be protecting the citizenry of this uninhabitable Democrat hell hole. Yet that is nowhere on their agenda.

And then there's our nut-in-chief, speaking at a funeral for slain police officers, who naturally couldn't refrain from going into his gun control shtick. Obama said that it's easier for teens to get a glock, than it is for them to get a book. I don't know what's more shocking, the impropriety of using a funeral as a platform for a left-wing policy speech, or the lunacy of what he actually said.

Go ahead and defend that statement, in that setting, Spence.

As for Chicago...that's a superbly organized community, I have to say.
Don't sell yourself short...I thought the whole post was clever
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
ecduzitgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:40 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Don't sell yourself short...I thought the whole post was clever
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Bush also gave a eulogy at the memorial, and I didn't hear him use that platform to make his case that invading Iraq was a good idea. For Gods sake, when you are at a funeral, just honor the fallen. Does Obama not know he can call a prèss conference anytime he wants? Why didn't he just ask for campaign contributions for Hilary while he was at it?

Then Obama says we aren't as divided as people say.

Atta boy, Columbo.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:07 AM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Bush also gave a eulogy at the memorial, and I didn't hear him use that platform to make his case that invading Iraq was a good idea. For Gods sake, when you are at a funeral, just honor the fallen.
He was too busy dancing...

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:21 AM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He was too busy dancing...
Yeah that was weird...yeesh.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
The Dad Fisherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Georgetown MA
Posts: 15,632
It was like his meds suddenly wore off....or kicked in.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:57 PM   #7
FishermanTim
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
FishermanTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hyde Park, MA
Posts: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
.... Does Obama not know he can call a prèss conference anytime he wants? Why didn't he just ask for campaign contributions for Hilary while he was at it?...

He's having a televised tongue-wagging love-fest tonight on TV, unless he was pre-empted by an episode of "Different Strokes" or "What's Happening"...

As for the contributions, that may be included in his teleprompted spiel.

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:54 AM   #8
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,447
typical focus on one sentence in a speech

Seems some are unable to understand there is a huge difference
between black killing blacks thats crime thats murder thats thug life

and When the Police who are seen as authority.. " the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience."

Abuse that Authority with out reasonable justification, kill the un armed detain pull over harass.. But if you support that behavior from your police.. yet profess your love and cherish The Freedoms provided in the constitution !! your full of you know what
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #9
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
no, he's done this in nearly every speech for most of 8 years....he's the worst president in American history and solidifying that status...no surprise here...he is who he is....career "community organizer" in a Saul Alynsli sort of way and little else
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:48 AM   #10
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
typical focus on one sentence in a speech

Seems some are unable to understand there is a huge difference
between black killing blacks thats crime thats murder thats thug life

and When the Police who are seen as authority.. " the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience."

Abuse that Authority with out reasonable justification, kill the un armed detain pull over harass.. But if you support that behavior from your police.. yet profess your love and cherish The Freedoms provided in the constitution !! your full of you know what
"typical focus on one sentence in a speech"

First, that was a cowardly dodge. Instead of agreeing that what Obama said was obviously ridiculous, you criticize me for bringing it up. Second it was not a speech, it was a eulogy for slain cops. Am I going too fast for you?

I get that there is a difference between a citizen murdering another citizen, and a cop murdering a citizen. But (1) in the two recent cases of cop shootings, we are nowhere near ready to conclude that either one was a crime, and (2) if many times more blacks are killed by other blacks than by cops, why can't liberals prioritize accordingly?

Answer - politics. What happens in Chicago in an average weekend, doesn't help Democrats get more votes. So they ignore the body count. Normal people want to focus on saving as many lives as possible. Liberal politicians want to ignore the vast bloodbath, and focus on the tiny number of politically beneficial cases where cops are involved, all to gather political capital. And my side is racist?

Try making that wrong.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:51 AM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
no, he's done this in nearly every speech for most of 8 years....he's the worst president in American history and solidifying that status...no surprise here...he is who he is....career "community organizer" in a Saul Alynsli sort of way and little else
And based on the carnage in Chicago, he was a pretty damn bad community organizer. As you said, no surprise that after working his magic on the nationwide stage, that tensions are high.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 05:58 AM   #12
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,431
Tensions are only high with conservative biggits and racists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:05 AM   #13
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,426
Tensions are high in the black community as well as the ultra conservatives,they simply have no middle ground. This is not about bigotry or racism. I am hopeful for a peaceful resolution but in all honesty, can not foresee any progress under the current administration.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:49 AM   #14
Nebe
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Nebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: newpawht
Posts: 19,431
Blacks can be biggits and racists too mr dangles.

My tensions are not high. Mostly because I don't give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about what someone else thinks or acts or what color they are or what imaginary friends in the clouds they worship.


If more people just chilled out and smoked a doobie and enjoyed some reggae, the world would be at peace. I'm certain of it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:59 AM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Tensions are only high with conservative biggits and racists.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I do get tense when a sitting President tells the nation that white cops are involved in a conspiracy to kill blacks, and then someone subsequently assassinates 5 cops. I get tense when an freckle-faced, 11 year old boy from Texas is intentionally run down by a lunatic in a box truck. I wish I could let that stuff bounce off me with no effect like you apparently can (you said you don't give a $#@!$% how anyone else acts). Well, when others act the way so many of us are acting these days, it sometimes has horrible effects on innocent people. Some of us (not you, by your own admission) are burdened with caring about what happens to others around us.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:13 AM   #16
Sea Dangles
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
Sea Dangles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 4,426
Worry about things you can control. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #17
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
That's all it takes.

But we, collectively, are getting away from that. Liberalism isn't based on that noble sentiment you posted, it's based on the phrase "if it feels good, do it". Our moral compass is badly broken, and it's getting more broken, not less. The people who treat others wickedly are portrayed as victims, and suddenly, the cops are the bad guys. Not long ago, anyone who said that, would have been laughed at. Today, if you disagree with that, you are a racist.

Neither one of the presidential candidates is remotely qualified to fix what's broken. One isn't as godawful as the other, but neither is anywhere near what we need.

We can't even agree that those born with a wee-wee should shower in the boys locker room. I remember the good old days (last year if I'm not mistaken) when no one was up in arms over such a simple concept. I have no idea what unites us as a country anymore.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:19 AM   #18
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
[QUOTE=Nebe;1104330]Blacks can be biggits and racists too mr dangles.

My tensions are not high. Mostly because I don't give a #^&#^&#^&#^& about what someone else thinks or acts or what color they are or what imaginary friends in the clouds they worship.


If more people just chilled out and smoked a doobie and enjoyed some reggae, the world would be at peace. I'm certain of it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

Spoken like a true Bernie groupie
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 03:25 PM   #19
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Tensions are high in the black community as well as the ultra conservatives,they simply have no middle ground. This is not about bigotry or racism. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You are spot-on that tensions are high, I don't think it's just in the ultra-conservative precincts though. I don't consider myself ultra-conservative (pro gay marriage), but I feel more than marginalized by Obama. He lost me for good with the "bitter clingers" comment, and what could be more telling than the fact that the sitting POTUS has received Al Sharpton in the Oval Office more than 50 times? The GOP doesn't take Sharpton's phone calls, and that's exactly how any public official should treat him.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com