Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #61
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"Hannity hes on both thats would say such a thing.."

Show me a clip of Hannity saying that a liberal who got shot, in any way deserves what happened? And Hannity is one person, he's the closest thing the right wing has to a nut. There are many on the left far more extreme, far more hateful.

WDMSO, you can point out a guy like Alex Jones, who is absolutely deranged. But here's the difference between the left and the right, today in this country. Alex Jones operates in the fringe, no one in the mainstream gives him a significant platform. On the left, Al Sharpton spends more time in the Oval Office than the White House tour guides, and he has his own show. Big, big difference. In a fair world, no one would know who Alex Jones is. But we are a free country, so people can listen to him if they want. He is not mainstream. The right doesn't allow deranged lunatics to be included in the mainstream. Melissa Harris Perry has a show on MSNBC, and she wore tampons on air, for earrings. That is a foaming-at-the-mouth, howling-at-the-moon, lunatic.

And that's just the media. Look at politicians. Compare Paul Ryan to Nancy Pelosi (speakers of the house). Compare Harry Reid to Mitch McConnell (senate leaders). Has the RNC ever had a nutjob lead it, to compare to Deb Wasserman Schultz or the lady who fed debate questions to Hilary (and lied about doing it), and who was fired by Cuomo's presidential campaign for spreading lies about the GOP opponent?

You want to know if both sides are equally extreme? The influence of Al Sharpton ends that debate. Obama sought his counsel more than 50 times, and he has his own television show. There is nothing on the right that comes close to that. Maybe Steve Bannon, but he hasn't worked up mobs to kill people like Sharpton has. Sharpton has innocent blood on his hands, that is a fact. Then there's the whole Tawana Brawley thing.
John you really need to stop getting fed by your in box... its hard to see your points they start out good then off the Partisans rails you go

"The right doesn't allow deranged lunatics to be included in the mainstream. " You watch enough Fox but never seen any??? but msmbc does?? thats not factual that what you think .. there all on the radio

Obama seen Al sharpton 50 time in 8 years OMG again you bring that up !! how do you know this happen its was public what policys did he influence ??

But Trump White House to Keep Its Visitor Logs Secret

The White House

APRIL 14, 2017

it would cut off public access to visitor logs revealing who is entering the White House complex and which officials they are meeting, breaking with the Obama administration’s practice and returning a cloak of secrecy over the basic day-to-day workings of the government.

but nothing about that ,, that story wasn't in your inbox?
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 04:24 PM   #62
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
John you really need to stop getting fed by your in box... its hard to see your points they start out good then off the Partisans rails you go

"The right doesn't allow deranged lunatics to be included in the mainstream. " You watch enough Fox but never seen any??? but msmbc does?? thats not factual that what you think .. there all on the radio

Obama seen Al sharpton 50 time in 8 years OMG again you bring that up !! how do you know this happen its was public what policys did he influence ??

But Trump White House to Keep Its Visitor Logs Secret

The White House

APRIL 14, 2017

it would cut off public access to visitor logs revealing who is entering the White House complex and which officials they are meeting, breaking with the Obama administration’s practice and returning a cloak of secrecy over the basic day-to-day workings of the government.

but nothing about that ,, that story wasn't in your inbox?
Are you trying to convince us that the Obama administration was transparent?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 02:42 AM   #63
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
Do we need to find examples in local elections that point the other way too?

All the extremism sucks. But both parties continue to run extreme candidates.
this doesn't sound extreme

Hillary Clinton ✔ @HillaryClinton

Forget death panels. If Republicans pass this bill, they're the death party.

https://twitter.com/topherspiro/stat...67631734538242
5:39 PM - 23 Jun 2017
23,568 23,568 Retweets 55,309 55,309 likes
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #64
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,449
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Are you trying to convince us that the Obama administration was transparent?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Compared to Trump's absolutely

CNN sent their Supreme Court sketch artist to Friday’s White House press briefing after the White House announced it would be banning cameras from the briefing.

Press secretary Sean Spicer has said that the purpose of banning TV cameras from select briefings is to promote “a more substantive discussion about actual issues.” He told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham in an interview Wednesday that going off-camera cuts down on showboating by reporters who “want to become YouTube stars and ask some snarky question that's been asked eight times.”


WOW to use one of your's thats a serious Butt hurt response
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:33 PM   #65
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Compared to Trump's absolutely

CNN sent their Supreme Court sketch artist to Friday’s White House press briefing after the White House announced it would be banning cameras from the briefing.

Press secretary Sean Spicer has said that the purpose of banning TV cameras from select briefings is to promote “a more substantive discussion about actual issues.” He told conservative radio host Laura Ingraham in an interview Wednesday that going off-camera cuts down on showboating by reporters who “want to become YouTube stars and ask some snarky question that's been asked eight times.”


WOW to use one of your's thats a serious Butt hurt response
And obviously that is a correct statement .
At any given moment you know exactly what Trump is doing and thinking . That's part of his problem .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com