Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #91
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,038
fake news

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #92
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,661
so they didn't get millions or your accusing people of being communists?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #93
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,038
I didn't read the paper
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #94
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,661
Where did you get your news?
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #95
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Witch hunt But you were all over Bengazi w/no evidence - right? Another double standard.

You need to read the paper. Millions to Flynn and Manafort

And tell us about the communists you posted about earlier.
No evidence of her wrongdoing in Benghazi?

Her state department left Stevens there, long after most other nations had pulled their ambassador

Her state department refused repeated requests from Stevens fpor more security

Every public statement she made blamed a fellow US citizen for Gods sake, and his video (while her private statements said it was terrorism)

No evidence of wrongdoing? You say so...

Flynn has an issue with ethics, no doubt.

And to his point, CNN is an absolute laughing stock. Getting Hilary debate questions ahead of time, producers admitting air that they are making stuff up...
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 06:57 PM   #96
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
The Benghazi incident was a fact. It actually, indisputably happened. What was being investigated was who was responsible. Hillary alleged that an obscure video was responsible. That was not proven to be true. In fact, it seemed likely that the video was no more responsible than all the other mantras concocted to explain terrorism. What was substantiated was that an attack of that sort was very likely given the conditions in Libya and the threats that were broadcast by Al Qaeda linked cells. What was also concluded by the investigations was that the incident could have been avoided. Proper precautions were not taken. Nor was it even prudent to keep the Benghazi compound functioning. Other embassies had already pulled out. And Hillary was the head of the department responsible for the Benghazi outpost and its security.

On the other hand, there is no known actual incidence of Trump colluding with Russia to interfere or tamper with the election. There is a prolonged and constant investigation attempting to prove accusations that something happened. There is a presumption of Trump's guilt for something that has not been verified to exist. There is no evidence that the thing he is accused of being guilty of even happened. There is an investigation that is not founded on, nor informed by, evidence. It is, instead, a search for evidence. A search for unknown evidence to confirm an unsubstantiated event.

Free Dictionary definition of "witch hunt": "An investigation carried out ostensibly to uncover subversive activities but actually used to harass and undermine those with differing views."
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 05:27 AM   #97
Fishpart
Keep The Change
iTrader: (0)
 
Fishpart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The Road to Serfdom
Posts: 3,232
Show me the man and I'll find you the crime.... Lavrentiy Beria
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:00 AM   #98
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,624
Blog Entries: 1
CNN, excluding Tapper, is generally acting like a poorly wrapped Rachel Maddow network. I usually watch CNN, probably 80% of my cable news. The errors and bias are frequent and glaring.

Yesterday they had John Podesta on going over some of the Russia stuff, well you can say he was expertly trolled by Russia so I guess that makes him an expert. Then of course he was to offer his opinions on all things Trump - not that there would be any bias given there...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishpart View Post
Show me the man and I'll find you the crime.... Lavrentiy Beria
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Hahaha - too deep

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:18 AM   #99
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Where did you get your news?
not from CNN that is for sure

I did not see Fox news firing people and retracting stories that were made up just for ratings. Now I see the NYT retracting Russia stories as well.

I have concluded even if this witch hunt ends, the but hurt left will continue to disrupt and antagonize the president. I would like to see him do his job.

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:24 AM   #100
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,661
Bruce, So they didn't lie about the meeting with Soviets, where acting as agents w/o registering? - Isn't not registering a crime?

Butt hurt - seems like Benghazi was purely butt hurt. Pls. remind me again of who got fined, indicted or arrested?

And again - who are the communists? Sounds like McCarthy. I thought we were done with that type or politics but sadly, I guess not.
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:28 AM   #101
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,624
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
And again - who are the communists? Sounds like McCarthy.
The Communists are the ones that forcefully redistribute by Gun

The Socialists are the ones that forcefully redistribute by Law and Decree

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:29 PM   #102
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Bruce, So they didn't lie about the meeting with Soviets, where acting as agents w/o registering? - Isn't not registering a crime?

Butt hurt - seems like Benghazi was purely butt hurt. Pls. remind me again of who got fined, indicted or arrested?

And again - who are the communists? Sounds like McCarthy. I thought we were done with that type or politics but sadly, I guess not.
I don't know who "they" is but if you are referring to a politician, then you can call it a lie if you want to, everyone knows politicians lie. I am not sure what question or context they were asked to be given a proven lie for an answer. Not sure what this has to do with evidence of collusion either. The Russians did what they wanted and put doubt about the election, so they got accomplished their goal and attention is being wasted on the subject looking for a guilty party to punish. There is no evidence Trump had anything to do with russian hacking.


Benghazi was about Americans lost their lives needlessly, the anointed one was negligent in her duties. I don't think those families of the dead are butt hurt, more like looking for justice after the fact.

I did not mention communists in this thread anywhere, you brought that up and John graciously answered that.

Enjoy the weekend

"A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust" James Madison

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Regan
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #103
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I don't know who "they" I told you earlier - flynn and Manafort - you know those 2 guys in the Trump inner circle.is but if you are referring to a politician, then you can call it a lie if you want to, everyone knows politicians lieI don't think every politician lies - Trump constantly does, Pence (like others) hardly at all.. I am not sure what question or context they were asked to be given a proven lie for an answer. Not sure what this has to do with evidence of collusion either. The Russians did what they wanted and put doubt about the election, so they got accomplished their goal and attention is being wasted on the subject looking for a guilty party to punish. There is no evidence Trump had anything to do with russian hacking.I never said he did but everyone who has talked to him states he has never asked about it either which for the Pres. of the US certainly is unusual.


Benghazi was about Americans lost their lives needlessly, the anointed one was negligent in her duties. I don't think those families of the dead are butt hurt, more like looking for justice after the fact.So many, many investigations just to pin some blame on some is ok but an investigation into whether the Russians interfered w/our elections is "witch hunt". - got it.

I did not mention communists in this thread anywhere, you brought that up and John graciously answered that.No, you did in another thread.

Enjoy the weekend
I should have said Bengahzi was a "witch hunt" in post 100, not "butt hurt".

Have a great weekend - slay some fish on the MS!

Last edited by PaulS; 06-30-2017 at 02:10 PM..
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:43 PM   #104
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
The witch hunt is not the looking into Russian hacking for which there is ample evidence. The witch hunt is the investigation of Trump supposedly colluding with the Russians to interfere with the election, for which there is no evidence.
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:58 PM   #105
Slipknot
Super Moderator
iTrader: (0)
 
Slipknot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Middleboro MA
Posts: 16,038
I should add to that

Usually an investigation happens when a crime has been committed. In this case no evidence of any crime hence witch hunt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Slipknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:43 PM   #106
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I should add to that

Usually an investigation happens when a crime has been committed. In this case no evidence of any crime hence witch hunt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
So what was the crime that caused multiple investigations into Bengahzi? I believe Flynn and Manafort not registering as foreign agents are crimes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:37 PM   #107
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
Benghazi was not about a crime. It was about what went wrong. Being wrong, being incompetent, being unsuited for your responsibility, are not crimes.

There is all this hullabaloo about Trump being unfit to be President. That would not be a crime. If it were shown by his past performances that he was not doing what was needed to successfully run his businesses, that may have been enough to demonstrate that he was not to be trusted to run the executive office of the federal government.

Hillary demonstrated by her incompetence in Benghazi, in her choice of email server, in the Russian reset, in her meddling in Syria and Libya, that she was not a trustworthy candidate for the highest and probably the most difficult job in the land. Her advocacy for the removal of qaddaffi certainly was a precursor of the Benghazi mess.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-30-2017 at 11:05 PM..
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:45 AM   #108
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I believe Flynn and Manafort not registering as foreign agents are crimes.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
from the WashPo

"Deliberately failing to file as a foreign agent may result in a felony criminal charge accompanied by steep monetary civil penalties. In practice, however, the Department of Justice generally encourages voluntary compliance and prosecutions under the act are “quite rare,” said Joseph Sandler, an attorney who specializes in political law, including FARA. The Justice Department generally allows people to register retroactively(I think they both registered retroactively) if questions arise about their past activities and the law requires no late fees or other penalties.

Criminal charges for violating FARA have typically been reserved for cases involving foreign agents whose conduct ran afoul of U.S. foreign policy interests. They often come as a package of other criminal charges, like espionage."
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #109
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,447
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
Numerous states are refusing to give information to the very distinguished VOTER FRAUD PANEL. What are they trying to hide?
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More

Crazy Joe Scarborough and dumb as a rock Mika are not bad people, but their low rated show is dominated by their NBC bosses. Too bad!
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
Our new American Energy Policy will unlock MILLIONS of jobs & TRILLIONS in wealth. We are on the cusp of a true energy REVOLUTION.Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
The failing @nytimes writes false story after false story about me. They don't even call to verify the facts of a story. A Fake News Joke!
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow
More
So they caught Fake News CNN cold, but what about NBC, CBS & ABC? What about the failing @nytimes & @washingtonpost? They are all Fake News!


I guess Fox news is the only one not fake since he re tweets them all the time ... not sure how long his supporters are willing to cling to the most un presidential man in the world ... who now want the whole USA voting histories of all Americans names and all other data .... but thats not what communists do
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #110
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post

Benghazi was about Americans lost their lives needlessly, the anointed one was negligent in her duties. I don't think those families of the dead are butt hurt, more like looking for justice after the fact.

I did not mention communists in this thread anywhere, you brought that up and John graciously answered that.

Enjoy the weekend

Benghazi was about Americans who lost their lives doing their Job!! then being used by republicans at political pawns . its that simple but again fact dont matter


June 10, 2017 U.S. Soldiers Killed In 'Insider Attack' In Afghanistan why are we not blaming Rex Tillerson ????? i know hes not running for POTUS
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #111
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Benghazi was about Americans who lost their lives doing their Job!! then being used by republicans at political pawns . its that simple but again fact dont matter

There "job" was not to be abandoned, defenseless, under chaotic conditions rife with terrorism, lawlessness, and signal warnings of imminent danger. It should not be that simple. Your comment is simple minded (or simplistic to use a word you've liked before) and it certainly isn't fact.

June 10, 2017 U.S. Soldiers Killed In 'Insider Attack' In Afghanistan why are we not blaming Rex Tillerson ????? i know hes not running for POTUS
Is the State Department responsible for the military?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:47 AM   #112
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

Benghazi was about Americans who lost their lives doing their Job!!
think of it as a factory where many workplace safety issues existed and the potential dangerous consequences were pointed out to the CEO and upper level management but were ignored because they were more concerned about appearance and a bunch of people died unnecessarily as a result........
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:03 AM   #113
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Is the State Department responsible for the military?
point taken then why not go after Maddox they wont .... and we know why ( and for the record thoses Troops were killed doing their job as well and shouldn't be used as pawns as the 3 in Benghazi were ...


There "job" was not to be abandoned, defenseless, under chaotic conditions rife with terrorism, lawlessness, and signal warnings of imminent danger. It should not be that simple. Your comment is simple minded (or simplistic to use a word you've liked before) and it certainly isn't fact.

not even close to what happened but i understand your need to repeat the rights version of events ..

can you tell me how many people theses men saved by their actions ?? of course you cant because thats not part of the narrative... the right wanted people to think they were the only ones on the ground

US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other US nationals are killed in the attack. More than 30 Americans are evacuated.

I find it amazing how you discount the Russian investigation from the start ... but still cling to the Benghazi issue after how many investigations and hearings provided no evidence of the rights claims of what happened
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:25 AM   #114
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
think of it as a factory where many workplace safety issues existed and the potential dangerous consequences were pointed out to the CEO and upper level management but were ignored because they were more concerned about appearance and a bunch of people died unnecessarily as a result........
Donald Trump quote that there were “600 requests” for security upgrades from U.S. officials based in Benghazi, Libya.

But the shorthand description of “600 requests” has left a misleading impression — so much so that many reporters and lawmakers appear to believe that all of these requests were ignored. As Trump indicated, some people may believe these were all requests from Ambassador Stevens, even though few if any are likely from Stevens.Ambassador Stevens was the senior

Funny Trump pushing Fake information / and no he is against it

Man in Charge in Libya and he felt safe enough to be Away from the main Libyan embassy and stay in Benghazi 11 h 57 min 645 away by car
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:44 AM   #115
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Donald Trump quote that there were “600 requests” for security upgrades from U.S. officials based in Benghazi, Libya.

But the shorthand description of “600 requests” has left a misleading impression — so much so that many reporters and lawmakers appear to believe that all of these requests were ignored. As Trump indicated, some people may believe these were all requests from Ambassador Stevens, even though few if any are likely from Stevens.Ambassador Stevens was the senior

Funny Trump pushing Fake information / and no he is against it

Man in Charge in Libya and he felt safe enough to be Away from the main Libyan embassy and stay in Benghazi 11 h 57 min 645 away by car
that you immediately go to Trump in a discussion of Benghazi is quite telling
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:56 AM   #116
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
point taken then why not go after Maddox they wont .... and we know why ( and for the record thoses Troops were killed doing their job as well and shouldn't be used as pawns as the 3 in Benghazi were ...

So if you're killed doing your job, no questions should be raised. Even if your job is not actually to kill or be killed. Sounds like excellent moral equivalence.


There "job" was not to be abandoned, defenseless, under chaotic conditions rife with terrorism, lawlessness, and signal warnings of imminent danger. It should not be that simple. Your comment is simple minded (or simplistic to use a word you've liked before) and it certainly isn't fact.

not even close to what happened but i understand your need to repeat the rights version of events ..


Oh, pardon me, I keep forgetting that the lefts version is actually always the correct one. At least the politically correct one.

can you tell me how many people theses men saved by their actions ?? of course you cant because thats not part of the narrative... the right wanted people to think they were the only ones on the ground

US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other US nationals are killed in the attack. More than 30 Americans are evacuated.

Those that were saved has always been acknowledged and been grateful for. Where do you get that it hasn't been?


I find it amazing how you discount the Russian investigation from the start ... but still cling to the Benghazi issue after how many investigations and hearings provided no evidence of the rights claims of what happened
Hey, PaulS brought up Benghazi. You didn't find it amazing when he brought it up. And you weren't shy about adding your opinion about it. It wasn't me who still clings to Benghazi. And where do you get that there is no evidence of the right's claims of what happened? Do you even know what those claims are?
detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:20 PM   #117
buckman
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
buckman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mansfield
Posts: 4,834
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Hey, PaulS brought up Benghazi. You didn't find it amazing when he brought it up. And you weren't shy about adding your opinion about it. It wasn't me who still clings to Benghazi. And where do you get that there is no evidence of the right's claims of what happened? Do you even know what those claims are?
Those that survived agree with the "rights claims of what happened " because that's what happened .
The lefts claim of confusion and false narratives also happened however they won't except it .
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
buckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:00 PM   #118
detbuch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,646
Why Exposing Fake News Matters | James O’Keefe and Stefan Molyneux

detbuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com