Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-30-2017, 12:48 PM   #91
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,620
you can never have enough "programs"
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 12:57 PM   #92
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
So when President Bill Clinton kicked millions of people off welfare, was he widely regarded by liberals as not wanting to help poor people? Or, again, is it only immoral when conservatives do it?
you should read the article I linked...that guy clearly has it figured out....you dump a ton of money in the community...give everyone a guaranteed income "a regular check from the government with no strings attached".... give everyone free or subsidized housing and other amenities including a car, a "a jobs guarantee: using federal finance"...set up accounts for them and put money in there for them and give them bonuses if they use it properly...for new arrivals...a "stocked" investment account upon birth...and viola!...no more poverty....I like it...never been tried before
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 07:53 PM   #93
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You do know that when Clinton "kicked" people off welfare he put in other programs to help them vs the items that I mentioned above which will be replaced by what?
Yes, and the program that he sent those people to, was called "your free ride is over, now go get a job in the private sector, which is booming thanks to the fact that I slashed taxes".

Paul, his welfare reform, helped REDUCE spending, and generate a surplus. If he merely moved those people from one public program to another, it wouldn't have saved us money.

Sorry to interrupt a good liberal rant with facts.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:11 PM   #94
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,768
You don't know what you're talking about.

If that's a rant. what you call your frequent anger induced hatred filled posts?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
PaulS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:36 PM   #95
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You don't know what you're talking about.

If that's a rant. what you call your frequent anger induced hatred filled posts?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
It's worse. He's completely in denial or simply incapable of reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:53 PM   #96
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's worse. He's completely in denial or simply incapable of reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
If Paul is right, and millions of people simply moved from one federal entitlement program to another, how did it decrease spending and generate a surplus?

His welfare reform wasn't called "moving people from one federal program to another". It was, literally, called "The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act".

The point was to recognize that people on welfare too long, lose the initiative to work.

And it worked. Clinton and Gingrich did an amazing job.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #97
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You don't know what you're talking about.

If that's a rant. what you call your frequent anger induced hatred filled posts?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You said Clinton's welfare reform just switched people from one program to another. That's not remotely true. You made it up. His program said that no one could receive welfare for more than 2 consecutive years, and no more than 5 years of benefits in a lifetime, and required that recipients be looking for work. His program moved many people from welfare to the workforce. Most people consider that a good thing.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 05:59 AM   #98
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,620
have they announced the ceremony date yet to give Matt Lauer, Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, Russell Simmons, Bill Clinton, Anthony Weiner, John Conyers, Charlie Rose...it's hard to keep up,,, and anyone else... their lifetime achievement awards?
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:33 AM   #99
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's worse. He's completely in denial or simply incapable of reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Oh, indeed. I said that the point of the Clinton/Gingrich welfare reform was to get people off federal assistance, you and Paul disagree, and I am the one in denial.

I’m a republican. Yet I can admit that Bill Clinton did some things that were extremely beneficial to the country. You say that’s devoid of reason.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-01-2017 at 10:15 AM..
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:39 AM   #100
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,620
this is good....


Cherokee genealogists have pored through her family history to find that “None of her direct line ancestors are ever shown to be anything other than white, dating back to long before the Trail of Tears.” To add insult to injury, despite Warren’s public claims of Native American heritage, she has decidedly avoided talking with Native leaders and, in 2012, refused to meet with a group of Cherokee women at the Democratic National Convention.

https://thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-...-c1ec6c91b696/
scottw is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com